snails

You just need to go out to your backyard on a dewy morning and catch some. Let them breed they are all male and female so any two adults will do. They will lay the eggs in a couple inches of damp soil. Once they lay eggs scoop out the eggs and move them to a fresh container. Now you have snails feed them gut load ingredients and feed most of them off saving a few to mature to become breeders.

Snails in the Mail but their website is gone. What state are you in?
Snails4you is in Europe.

They are gone, because shipping land snails across state lines, is extremely illegal. Lots of insects are, to be fair, however none are as heavily enforced as snails. They really are not playing about snails.

What I would do, is find your local facebook for sale groups, and make a post asking if anyone has snails that are a nuisance, some organic gardener will most defiantly, and be glad to be rid of them.

Or check our Snail Enthusiasts USA, on Facebook should be able to find a local there with babies, or snails they will part with.

You just need to go out to your backyard on a dewy morning and catch some. Let them breed they are all male and female so any two adults will do. They will lay the eggs in a couple inches of damp soil. Once they lay eggs scoop out the eggs and move them to a fresh container. Now you have snails feed them gut load ingredients and feed most of them off saving a few to mature to become breeders.
Iv been keeping a eye out on them , so far no luck .I remember seeing tons as a kid but haven seen any in a while . I will keep trying tho . what do they eat ??

Last edited:
They are gone, because shipping land snails across state lines, is extremely illegal. Lots of insects are, to be fair, however none are as heavily enforced as snails. They really are not playing about snails.

What I would do, is find your local facebook for sale groups, and make a post asking if anyone has snails that are a nuisance, some organic gardener will most defiantly, and be glad to be rid of them.

Or check our Snail Enthusiasts USA, on Facebook should be able to find a local there with babies, or snails they will part with.
thank you very much !!! that sounds like a good idea !!

thank you very much !!! that sounds like a good idea !!

I did the former, as no one in SEUSA had any.

I made a post, and within 2 hours I had like 3 people, "I cant fathom why you want them, but I want them gone! I will gladly collect you some, come get THEM!"

Thats how I got mine. They eat a metric ton, and will just keep eating and eating and eating. The women we got them from, said she will see one snail on her Cantalope, by that night the entire thing is gone, Rhine and all.

I did the former, as no one in SEUSA had any.

I made a post, and within 2 hours I had like 3 people, "I cant fathom why you want them, but I want them gone! I will gladly collect you some, come get THEM!"

Thats how I got mine. They eat a metric ton, and will just keep eating and eating and eating. The women we got them from, said she will see one snail on her Cantalope, by that night the entire thing is gone, Rhine and all.
what do they eat ????

what do they eat ????

Anything and everything Plant lol.

No I have found they wont eat pothos, and ivy, if you want to use that as decoration in the viv. I think they know it has oxaltes and will block their calcium, which they need a lot of for their shells.

Pepperomia, they will devour however, thats a pretty plant they run through. They will eat CPs, like Nepenthes, they will eat any and every veggie we have provided, Carrots, Kale, Apple, Orange, Lettuce, Pear, Peach, Cantaloupe, honestly your better off asking what they wont eat. Some folks, that keep them as pets, feed them cat food, dog food, fish food ect, they will eat that too. Whatever you gutload the other bugs with, they will eat, in large quantities.

When you hold them, they will literally eat the dead skin off your hand, it feels weird. They just eat constantly.

If your going to keep some, to breed and feed.

Dont feed Adults that you got wild. Breed them out, and feed the babies (save a few babies to become new breeders). All you need is 2, they are male and female both, they can even sometimes impregnate themselves.

Provide them with food, and a Cuttlebone for calcium, They need dirt they can lay their eggs in, and the highest humidity you can provide. If the cage is not wet and humid, they will aestivate (Go to sleep, and form a seal with the glass or an object) until condtions are wet and humid again. They can Aesivate like this for up to 2 years.

Anything and everything Plant lol.

No I have found they wont eat pothos, and ivy, if you want to use that as decoration in the viv. I think they know it has oxaltes and will block their calcium, which they need a lot of for their shells.

Pepperomia, they will devour however, thats a pretty plant they run through. They will eat CPs, like Nepenthes, they will eat any and every veggie we have provided, Carrots, Kale, Apple, Orange, Lettuce, Pear, Peach, Cantaloupe, honestly your better off asking what they wont eat. Some folks, that keep them as pets, feed them cat food, dog food, fish food ect, they will eat that too. Whatever you gutload the other bugs with, they will eat, in large quantities.

When you hold them, they will literally eat the dead skin off your hand, it feels weird. They just eat constantly.

If your going to keep some, to breed and feed.

Dont feed Adults that you got wild. Breed them out, and feed the babies (save a few babies to become new breeders). All you need is 2, they are male and female both, they can even sometimes impregnate themselves.

Provide them with food, and a Cuttlebone for calcium, They need dirt they can lay their eggs in, and the highest humidity you can provide. If the cage is not wet and humid, they will aestivate (Go to sleep, and form a seal with the glass or an object) until condtions are wet and humid again. They can Aesivate like this for up to 2 years.
oh wow !!! thank you very much !! hopefully I can get a colony started soon . I already made a post on instagram ... people already think im weird .. cant wait to see what responses I get lol

They're pigs! I threw half of a head of lettuce in my snail tank and they devoured it overnight. Green poop everywhere! They pretty much eat whatever I give them... lettuce, carrots, sweet potato, squash. I try to avoid foods that will mold quickly. Also get some cuttle bone from the pet store for them for calcium.

They're pigs! I threw half of a head of lettuce in my snail tank and they devoured it overnight. Green poop everywhere! They pretty much eat whatever I give them... lettuce, carrots, sweet potato, squash. I try to avoid foods that will mold quickly. Also get some cuttle bone from the pet store for them for calcium.
thank you very much !!! I think I found a place that may have some . so that's my weekend plan ! cant wait to tell my wife!!!lol

Does anyone know what kind of snails these are ??I found them along the coast line this morning :)

Attachments

• IMG_20200222_101013831.jpg
    IMG_20200222_101013831.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_20200222_101031522.jpg
    IMG_20200222_101031522.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 61
Back
Top Bottom