Snails for Wilson?

brighteyez

So, I've been reading some nice things about snails and am thinking about getting some for my baby jackson, Wilson. I don't know exactly how old he is, but I think he's around 1-2 months. When can I give him a snail? Is his jaw strong enough to eat one yet? How big should he be one I start adding them to his diet?
THanks!

I've only seen adult Jacksons eat snails. I would doubt he could crush a snail shell at 1-2 months. I wouldn't jump the gun on this and wait a few months. There's also the rule of thumb of no bigger than the space between the eyes. I'm sure that would put snails off for a while.

I've only seen adult Jacksons eat snails. I would doubt he could crush a snail shell at 1-2 months. I wouldn't jump the gun on this and wait a few months. There's also the rule of thumb of no bigger than the space between the eyes. I'm sure that would put snails off for a while.

I feed baby snails to my little chameleons all the time. I raise my own- don't use wildcaught ones!

I feed baby snails to my little chameleons all the time. I raise my own- don't use wildcaught ones!

what type of snails do you use BTW, aquatic ones? I've been trying to find some for my gal, but haven't seen any I seem to think are appropriate yet.

I don't use slugs or aquatic snails. I use a type of invasive brown snail (European garden snail, I think).

Escargot or Helix Pomatia is what I think the right snail for feeding. I'm not sure how easy it is to find them live, but I can catch them out here in Santa Cruz, so I'm gonna try to start breeding them. Seem to get along fine with woodlice too.

Back
Top Bottom