smartie pants

D2405826-66D9-4724-B1BE-AB78278DAF6C.jpeg

Ok so I am watching this play out and I gotta know because I would imagine there are not too many Sires names dickie.... sooooo are they related????? That would be sooooo crazy awesome!

OP, not to be a downer, and maybe you've already covered this, but a cham shouldn't just be uncoordinated. They aren't like humans where some are athletic and others aren't. My one chameleon has developed a tongue issue and needs to pull food closely as well. This can be from a variety of problems. If you're feeding with tongs he may have even hurt his tongue at some point on them. Not a good idea using tongs for chameleons.

OP, not to be a downer, and maybe you've already covered this, but a cham shouldn't just be uncoordinated. They aren't like humans where some are athletic and others aren't. My one chameleon has developed a tongue issue and needs to pull food closely as well. This can be from a variety of problems. If you're feeding with tongs he may have even hurt his tongue at some point on them. Not a good idea using tongs for chameleons.
he used to have vitamin deficiency with his previous owner, me and my vet are working on getting him back up to shape, he has cup crickets and free range crickets that he goes for too, they said since he is a rescue and not able to properly attack his food i should start hand or tong feeding. along with giving him the ability to hunt just to make sure he is eating proper food.

would hand feeding be better??? if it means he'll eat i'll hand feed, i rarely hand feed since im scared of the bugs... i use the big wooden tongs and pre kill bigger prey items for apollo so he doesnt get hurt. i gutload all my cham food with fresh fruit and veggies

Ook the rescue explains a lot. Glad to hear you're on top of it, sounds like he's in good care. Tongs are bad for chams that are tongue feeding because they easily get stuck. If he's not using his tongue much/at all it probably doesn't matter though. My guy gets cup fed and he just leans his head in to grab food.

Ook the rescue explains a lot. Glad to hear you're on top of it, sounds like he's in good care. Tongs are bad for chams that are tongue feeding because they easily get stuck. If he's not using his tongue much/at all it probably doesn't matter though. My guy gets cup fed and he just leans his head in to grab food.
phew! the last thing i want is to accidentally hurt him! i got the big blocky ones in hopes of not hurting him, but i will switch to hand feeding just in case

Personally I found raising chameleons from baby very educational, interesting and fun, they grow so fast though, with a busy schedule and really checking on them with inspection every 3 - 4 days I missed the phases of growth it seems

Back
Top Bottom