Small chameleon

pavlos10

Hi, I want to keep a couple of Chameleons, and I am wondering which species are available on the market but are relatively small compared to for example a Yemen or panther chameleon?
I was looking st Bradypodion, pgymies or archaius.
Thank you

Thank you both for your answers! I will check these two species out.
What has happened with pygmy chameleons? I almost never see them anymore. I used to have the rieppeleon brevicaudatus around 8 years ago and I actually had succesful breeding. I unfortunately had to part with them when I was temporarily moving to another country.

I think pygyms are the only ones where male and female can be kept constantly within 1 cage?

I vote hoehnelii! But that's just because they are quite possibly my favorite. They have basically the same care as a Jackson's so their husbandry is a tad more known than some others. But honestly, it's a lot of unexplored territory.

Thank you both for your answers! I will check these two species out.
What has happened with pygmy chameleons? I almost never see them anymore. I used to have the rieppeleon brevicaudatus around 8 years ago and I actually had succesful breeding. I unfortunately had to part with them when I was temporarily moving to another country.

I think pygyms are the only ones where male and female can be kept constantly within 1 cage?
Pygmy chams are very hard to come by they are not as easily obtained because not as many people are breeding them. They would be the only ones you could keep in a group if your set up was large enough and done correctly. Sounds like you have some prior experience with them so you know this.

Other smaller species are for the most part still being kept as individuals.

@javadi breeds some awesome smaller species.

Back
Top Bottom