Small Chameleon species what’s your favorite

Madmango

Established Member
what are your favorite pint-size chameleons?

I’ve been thinking about adding a new chameleon to my home. I would like something small and would like to know your thoughts?

thanks for sharing

Pygmy chameleons are absolutely adorable, but I basically know absolutely nothing about their care! My favorite chameleon species is the jeweled chameleon (furcifer campani), but they are rare to come by, are extremely sensitive, and really hard to care for (so probably not an option).

Well that’s easy furcifer willsii 8E436163-A498-42A7-B5D1-19DD5FAAF3B0.jpeg 7F2054F5-B4AA-4D17-BD97-4846F4D92B20.jpeg

Yeah, I'd go the pygmy route if you can. They seem so amazing! Too bad species like rhampholeon acuminatus and r. viridis are no longer available in the states. I think someone on the forums has brevicaudatus in Canada if I'm not mistaken--for what brevis lack in color they bring in personality. I wish pygmies were more readily available since they seem perfect for many people who lack space.

I mean look at these pics of acuminatus. How did these guys never take off????!?!?! (Not my pics obviously). Though I know some people in the U.K are still working with them. Though I do know that protection measures are preventing people from bringing more into the hobby--so I'm not complaining--conservation before selfishness. They have amazing color and look more like regular chameleons than brevis do.
1611096290999.png
1611096334974.png

Back
Top Bottom