Slowing down Dubias

Ramrod

Chameleon Enthusiast
Dubia colony getting out of control? what is a good way to slow thier reproduction? Thinking it may be temperature or food?

Temps and food, yup. You should just sell them off though (y)
Yeah I was thinking about that but don't know if it is worth the investment in shipping as well as container cost ect.
You should have a good source for shipping supplies. What do you think

Oh by the way those orange heads I got from you are going nuts and doing thier thing. Thanks

Do you have any local reptile stores that would take them?
Good thought but the only outlets close by me are petsmart and petCo and I don't really care for either one. Maybe one small store I might ask. I was thinking of some sort of reptile rescue establishment but haven't seen that one yet.

Well if you can find them a place for them then being the good person I am I will take them all off your hands. :)

Yeah I was thinking about that but don't know if it is worth the investment in shipping as well as container cost ect.
You should have a good source for shipping supplies. What do you think

Just get an old Amazon box or whatever you have, or a flat rate usps box. For containers you can use anything you have laying around, old deli cup from something. My wife has salad containers I like to use. Then I just tape the edge of the container and poke holes through it.

Only thing I don't like about cooling roaches down, they stop eating a lot. So it's hard to get any food in them.

IME after a while, roaches will max out a bin and stay around the same numbers too.

Do you have any local reptile stores that would take them?
Another possibility...
Are there any reptile shows near you—even if postponed or on hiatus? IME, most have websites with vendor lists, and many are affiliated or associated with local herpetological associations, whose members may be a possibility for taking some.

If there are enough reptile keepers near you, you may not have to worry too much about shipping.

Many of those I've purchased have been in various take-out containers; some have had holes or screen added just for temp storage or shipping. I've recycled plastic food containers, drilling holes in the tops.

Fry them, grille them, dip in chocolate, saute, side on cheese platter, bbq, make chip dip, smoothies, ice cream topping, put them inside the candy apple coating, spaghetti and roaches so cheaper than meatballs, tacos, gyros, i mean the list goes on and on!

Fry them, grille them, dip in chocolate, saute, side on cheese platter, bbq, make chip dip, smoothies, ice cream topping, put them inside the candy apple coating, spaghetti and roaches so cheaper than meatballs, tacos, gyros, i mean the list goes on and on!
If you squeeze their teets you can get milk out of them or so I heard. :D

No can do!! They give me gas?

Back
Top Bottom