slimy urates

JapSolum

Your Chameleon - male veiled, 3 months old, I've had him a month

Handling - normally once a week, had to handle him more recently to give him meds

Feeding - so far just crickets dusted with calcium. and calcium+ once a week, gut loading them with a variety of fruits and veggies, oranges, arugula, flax seed kiwi, trying to keep phosphorus low, have recently tried dubia, cant tell if he ate a few or if they escaped from feeding dish.

Supplements - using the basic multivitamin that comes with the zoo med tank, once a month

Watering - have a dripper in tank and misting 2-3 times a day but rarely actually see him drink. since hes been on meds I've been making extra effort to keep him hydrated but using a baby medicine syringe to drop some water in while I'm giving him his medicine

Fecal Description - urate has been white for the most part though sometimes I notice a hint of yellow at the tip, feces is dark brown

History - ri started about a week and a half ago, is on baytril, since I didn't have decal sample and had never been tested vet also gave him a dewormer just in case

Cage Info:

Cage Type - 16x16x30 screen but have 2 sides closed off as I live in colorado and it's hard to keep humidity up

lighting - 60 watt grow/basking light, t5 5.0 uvb tube light from reptisun

Temperature - 85 baking spot 75 towards middle/bottom of cage, I have two thermometers

humidity - 50-55 most of the time will spike to 75 after misting, use fogger couple times a night

Plants - weeping fig

Placement - backed against wall and dresser on two sides cage is about 2 feet off ground making it 4 and a half tall all together, moderate traffic area

Location - colorado, towards mountains, about 6500 elevation

so I think I answered my own question reading the poop 101 thread but just want to make sure. I was doing my daily spot cleaning and noticed some droppings. feces seemed normal. but urate was kind of slimy and actually so wet it had fallen to a different leaf. the poop 101 said it can be wet some times if they are really hydrated which I'd take as a good sign, but want to make sure what I'm looking at is what the thread was talking about
20180511_114022.jpg
also, it was pretty white but I think lighting I took the pic in makes it look more yellow.

It looks like healthy to me. Make sure that he get well hydrate since baytril cause of dehydrate easily. Can I ask how he get RI?

Looks normal. Sometimes urates like that are caused when the cham drinks alot of water. I dont want to say "over-hydrated" but the cham is taking in more water than its body is using. If the feces is solid and not obviously smelly then all is good.

It looks like healthy to me. Make sure that he get well hydrate since baytril cause of dehydrate easily. Can I ask how he get RI?
not really sure tbh. if you have any idea based on the husbandry above I'd love to hear some advice. but I used to have 3 walls closed off, and was using my fogger a lot more. since then I got a ficus benjamina in there, which has stabilized the humidity. so I opened up another wall and started only using fogger a couple times during the night. but like the day after I put the plant in was when I heard the wheezing and the popping noises. I feel like it was from before when I was using fogger with the lights on, and by the time I made the changes it was too late. I had also only had him like two weeks before that so it's possible it was pre-exsisting... sounding a lot better now though.

I could be from the previous owner. I heard some theory about ri that need to get higher temp to help them. But it is just theory beside that this age, 85 is perfect. I wouldn’t bump more higher temp. I think your husbandary is ok. I also put plastic cover 3 side of the wall as well. You just have to keep monitor water for him. Just to make sure he has water intake. Other than that, it seems fine for me.

Back
Top Bottom