Slightly off topic...

chameeeleon

I really love chameleons, and I really love my family. However, my family does not really love the idea of live insects in the house (they like chameleons though). What are some ways you would convince a stubborn family member to be ok with bugs in the house? Where do you keep your feeder insects? Thanks for any advice! :D

i keep my crickets in a cricket keeper (small acrylic critter cage with tubes) and they stay there :) superworms and others stay well put in theur little cups. ive only had 2 or 3 rogue crickets in the past 2 months, and im not sure if it was a feeder or wild one lol. Tell them it will be ok!

I'd just tel them about the unlikely-hood of them reproducing if they escape. I'm not sure, it was hard enough convincing my mom to let me get a chameleon but I already had crickets for my fish so small ones and fruit flies didn't bother her. I'm not sure how you can convince any other way though.

My fiance was more pissed about loose crickets all over than me breeding roaches. Crickets got out constantly and I never find loose roaches.

But honestly if you keep your bugs in the right container everything will be fine.

when i was 16, 10 years ago, i got my first veiled and my mother was worried about this as well, but no mishaps with escaping bugs :)

Thanks for replying so fast! Maybe I'll just have to take a poll about how many bugs have escaped and then show them the results LOL :)

Thanks for replying so fast! Maybe I'll just have to take a poll about how many bugs have escaped and then show them the results LOL :)

and remember to let them know to have a happy, healthy cham, youd need bugs! :) i suded to hate crickets but theyre so ingrained in my daily routine i can just grab em if i need without feeling like its gross :)

We have had a few crickets escape because someone (not mentioning any ones name, my hubby) left the screen open when he took Jane out. Thankfully I have a cat, Simon is a great tracker....he ate one this morning. What bugs me is the crickets making noise. Drives me nuts when I'm trying to sleep. It's a good thing I love all our pets :)

I keep my feeders in the closet, and make sure there are no escapees. I am careful to feed only what they eat (but really I hand feed so I know for sure its eaten).

Bugcloset2.jpg

Then cover the feeders with a nice curtain or closet doors.

Bugcloset1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom