Slight shedding issues

IMG20220808180638.jpg

It's somewhat difficult to see in the photos but my male carpet chameleon has some stuck shed on the top of his head and his eye. The eye is a bigger concern to me because it's somewhat raised and puffy. Anything I can do to help remove it? the skin on his head is pretty much 2 Layers now since it didn't come off in the last shed either.

Hello! Is he wild caught or captive bred? Do you have any more pictures of the eye? An eye infection can proceed very quickly to something serious, so it's important to discern whether it's simply stuck shed that could be removed easily, or the beginning of an infection. As for how to remove the shed on his head, one can simply peel it off when he's asleep, very gently. However, it's not really typical for shed skin to stay on so long with lats, in my experience. There's a number of reasons for why the shed could still be there. It could be hydration issues, a lack of a rough spot for him to scratch the shed off on, nutrition, etc. But first let's take a closer look at his eye.

Hello! Is he wild caught or captive bred? Do you have any more pictures of the eye? An eye infection can proceed very quickly to something serious, so it's important to discern whether it's simply stuck shed that could be removed easily, or the beginning of an infection. As for how to remove the shed on his head, one can simply peel it off when he's asleep, very gently. However, it's not really typical for shed skin to stay on so long with lats, in my experience. There's a number of reasons for why the shed could still be there. It could be hydration issues, a lack of a rough spot for him to scratch the shed off on, nutrition, etc. But first let's take a closer look at his eye.
His eye looks normal otherwise, it's always open and functioning just like the other. He is wild caught and I've had him a few weeks now. He eats well, drinks well and moves around frequently. I will try to get more photos and post them.

Back
Top Bottom