Slight difference between his eyes

Ok so I noticed a slight difference with my chams eyes. I’m not sure if this is normal, maybe it is and I’m just a paranoid chameleon mom but here are some pictures of the eye I’m concerned with (also I’m well aware that looks kinda fat, he’s on a diet okay hhaha)
B846E94A-D862-4CE8-948F-9D44926C96AF.jpeg
10E0FC9D-7352-4FC2-825B-D86AA0C30BF9.jpeg
61A1D014-7E1F-49AB-9894-830D8BC3CFB8.jpeg
and this is his other eye which I’m nit concerned about

C5377FE9-27A3-4E44-90BC-2CF56C088722.jpeg 89F3301E-8A1E-4562-8F44-59EBB1E4BB57.jpeg
Like they do look different idk why

Ok so I noticed a slight difference with my chams eyes. I’m not sure if this is normal, maybe it is and I’m just a paranoid chameleon mom but here are some pictures of the eye I’m concerned with (also I’m well aware that looks kinda fat, he’s on a diet okay hhaha)
View attachment 293632
View attachment 293634
View attachment 293635
and this is his other eye which I’m nit concerned about

View attachment 293639View attachment 293640
Like they do look different idk why
Do you mean the color?

Yeah could it possibly be the fact that his left eye has a bit of white highlighting and the right eye does not?
It may be my horrible eyes but the right one or left one in the picture looks like a darker red and the left one or right one in the picture looks like a brighter red. But that’s not out of the ordinary

Last edited:
Yeah could it possibly be the fact that his left eye has a bit of white highlighting and the right eye does not?
No it’s more if the shape and size and how I can see the pupil on one eye better then in the other eye. Like idk if it’s swollen or something it’s hard to explain

I think your overthinking it honestly... which everyone does no matter the experience level. Their eyes do not dilate the exact same. due to the direction and the light hitting each one independent of the other. They will also suck in the eye a bit if they feel stressed. Again based on lighting one side of the cham can actually be a different shade of color then the other.
In my experience I am not seeing anything out of the norm with your boy. Unless you are not mentioning something else that could impact the eye... Lack of appetite, closing the eyes, rubbing the eyes, etc.

No I’m not concerned about that hahah I mean that his one eye looks harder to see his pupil then his other eye and idk if it’s swollen or just how he is. It’s not really noticeable, I should’ve been more specific though

I think your overthinking it honestly... which everyone does no matter the experience level. Their eyes do not dilate the exact same. due to the direction and the light hitting each one independent of the other. They will also suck in the eye a bit if they feel stressed. Again based on lighting one side of the cham can actually be a different shade of color then the other.
In my experience I am not seeing anything out of the norm with your boy. Unless you are not mentioning something else that could impact the eye... Lack of appetite, closing the eyes, rubbing the eyes, etc.
Ohhh ok maybe because he was chilling out under his uvb light. But he has a good appetite and eats whenever I give him his food. although I have seen him close that one eye but not both at the same time and he does rub it on his branches sometimes.

Ohhh ok maybe because he was chilling out under his uvb light. But he has a good appetite and eats whenever I give him his food. although I have seen him close that one eye but not both at the same time and he does rub it on his branches sometimes.
If you’re really worried and just want to make sure everything’s good a check up with the vet wouldn’t hurt 🙂 but I’d just keep your eye on it

Last edited:
I see a slight difference, looks like the right eye, the turret skin isn't as tight?idk if that's what your talking about but that's the only thing that pokes out to me and it SO minuscule I don't think it's any cause for concern. He could literally just be pulling it in so I would just keep an eye on it.

🍻🍻🍻

No I’m not concerned about that hahah I mean that his one eye looks harder to see his pupil then his other eye and idk if it’s swollen or just how he is. It’s not really noticeable, I should’ve been more specific though
Yes I hear you! What I mean is the white highlighting contrast could cause that pupil to seem more apparent than the other. However, @Beman ’s response makes a lot of sense with dilation and sucking in!

Yes I hear you! What I mean is the white highlighting contrast could cause that pupil to seem more apparent than the other. However, @Beman ’s response makes a lot of sense with dilation and sucking in!
Yeah it does that’s the explanation I was looking for but wasnt sure how to explain it hahahha

I see a slight difference, looks like the right eye, the turret skin isn't as tight?idk if that's what your talking about but that's the only thing that pokes out to me and it SO minuscule I don't think it's any cause for concern. He could literally just be pulling it in so I would just keep an eye on it.

🍻🍻🍻
Yes that’s what I’m talking about, but that’s good it’s not a concern I just wanted to make sure just incase he may be having discomfort or something cause that’s not fun. I’ll keep and eye on it, thank you!

Back
Top Bottom