Sleeping vertically

Gloriawood

Chameleon Enthusiast
So I’m just curious if this is normal behavior or what. I’m always seeing pictures of your guy’s chams sleeping. And I’ve yet to see anyone else’s do this. Spaghetti likes to sleep vertically rather than horizontally. He has done this since I got him. He has plenty of branches to choose from, but he almost always sleeps like this. I can probably count on one hand the number of times he has slept horizontal on a branch. Is he just a weirdo?

Attachments

• IMG_0373.jpeg
    IMG_0373.jpeg
    239.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0260.jpeg
    IMG_0260.jpeg
    233.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0375.jpeg
    IMG_0375.jpeg
    223.7 KB · Views: 35
A beautiful little weirdo :love: . I love his little feetsies on the branch though, looks like a bird.

I don't think its anything to worry about I've caught both my panther and veiled sleeping vertical, they don't do it every night, only occasionally. My veiled actually would sleep in this weird ninja pose for a few months before finding a 'new spot'

Lol how cute... I suspect that if he does that every night, that's just what he likes to do. Perhaps when he was at his worst, feeling awful and miserable because he hadn't yet been saved, that was the only way to sleep semi-comfortably. Sure, his world is much better now, but habits are difficult to break.

Just took this a minute ago for you. Standing tonight but not all nights and likes to position himself in hard to get to places. I believe this may be for protection. But then like us it may be for comfort!

Attachments

• IMG_0055.jpeg
    IMG_0055.jpeg
    216 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0054.jpeg
    IMG_0054.jpeg
    154.2 KB · Views: 34
Usually at the age of yours, hanging onto the screen is too much weight on the nails but since he is on a branch holding with his feet it must take the pressure off the nails. You mite want to get a vertical branch. I have noticed that they like to rest their chins down on something too

Lol how cute... I suspect that if he does that every night, that's just what he likes to do. Perhaps when he was at his worst, feeling awful and miserable because he hadn't yet been saved, that was the only way to sleep semi-comfortably. Sure, his world is much better now, but habits are difficult to break.
I was wondering this. Before I got him he had very few branches and would be on the screen a lot. So I was wondering if maybe he was just used to sleeping that way. It makes sense I guess 😂

Usually at the age of yours, hanging onto the screen is too much weight on the nails but since he is on a branch holding with his feet it must take the pressure off the nails. You mite want to get a vertical branch. I have noticed that they like to rest their chins down on something too
He has a couple vertical branches. He goes between those and using the branch for his back legs and the screen for the front. He’s so weird 😅

Back
Top Bottom