Sleeping schedule

Lys368

hey all,
I have a few questions regarding the sleep of a veiled baby. When I first began research (before getting her) I learned you leave the UVB on during the day, 12 hours, and 12 hours basking light. Upon further research, I don't need this heat source (I live in Arizona) and I was a bit misinformed. Now without the light it left her in the dark, the next morning I turned her basking on in the morning (8am). She ate and was pretty active but I believe the change stressed her, she went completely black and retreated to a corner in her terrarium. It lasted only about an hour, she's back to normal color and walking around. Should I continue this change of no lamp at night? Other than that she hasn't given me any other abnormal behaviors.

Hi there. Forgive me for my confusion but you have the UVB light on 12 hours during the day and the basking light on for 12 hours during the day? Just want to be clear and if I understand you should not have a light on at night. In regards to being in Arizona is your Cham inside and are you running any kind of A/C during the day? If so, I would definitely leave the basking light on. I hope this helps.

Hi there. Forgive me for my confusion but you have the UVB light on 12 hours during the day and the basking light on for 12 hours during the day? Just want to be clear and if I understand you should not have a light on at night. In regards to being in Arizona is your Cham inside and are you running any kind of A/C during the day? If so, I would definitely leave the basking light on. I hope this helps.
UVB 12 hour during the day and the basking light 12 hours at night. Meaning she did have a light on at night. She's inside and at the moment the heater runs at night and through the morning.

Ok gotcha, well it will need complete darkness at night. So the lights should only be on for 12 hours during the day and no lights for 12 hours and I would let the Cham use the basking light during the day. I hope this helps.

Ok gotcha, well it will need complete darkness at night. So the lights should only be on for 12 hours during the day and no lights for 12 hours and I would let the Cham use the basking light during the day. I hope this helps.
Yes, this was a big help thank you! As for her behavior to the change, would you think she would get used to it?

Back
Top Bottom