sleeping before the lights go off

chelshart25

I have had my cams for alittle over a week now and my female ambanja seems to like to go to bed early. I have the lights set for 8:15-8:15 but she is always alseep by around 7...should I change the lights to go off at 7 or should I leave it and just let her go to bed a little early?

Almost the same exact situation over here at my place! I've been debating about whether or not to kill the lights an hour earlier, but then will the chameleons just start going to sleep at 6 then? I'm not sure... so for now i'm leaving it...

I think they're responding to the entire room getting a little darker once the sun goes down. As the days get longer bit by bit I'm expencting they will stay active until later in the evening.

I'm curious to hear what others say...

no shes not sleeping at all during the day...shes been eating a ton, drinking, and she shed today so I think she is very healthy I just wanted to make sure that it wouldnt hurt to chance the timer.

i noticed that my chameleon seems to "sense" sunlight.
He always go to his bed spot early and go to sleep immediately after sundown.
even when the light is still on.
I now just follow the nature's hour :).

Ditto dodolah, Most of mine will head to their sleeping spot about an hour before sundown, remain awake at their spot and then go to sleep after sundown. I also follow natural sunlight. If you've just had him a week, he may not be used to the time difference yet.

Dodolah is right, I think they can 'sense' the daylight hours, even if they can't see the outside. As the days got shorter here, my chams were at least getting in their beds if not going to sleep before the lights go out. I have my lights closer to the daylight cycle now, and my chams didn't change their schedule.

Back
Top Bottom