sleep times

So i'm hoping you guys can help me out here, Glen has been going to sleep rather early (seems to be around 5:30 every night). He climbs to the same shady spot in the enclosure and goes to bed (I have a very heavily planted cage). His lights turn on at 7am every morning but i think he might wake up before this, as the sun comes through the windows before 7 now. During the winter this was not an issue as he would stay up till around 8pm and lights on in the morning at 8am. I have a slight feeling he is waking up around 6am now (around when the sun comes up), but am not sure as I am not awake. What is bothering me is that he is going to sleep with the lights on, which scares me a bit. What do you guys recommend that I do? Would a vet visit be advised here? Otherwise he is healthy.

actually yes!!! i had 2 basking spots instead of 1. I took out an entire heat bulb and then he started doing thiso_O. I didn't even think of it at all. Could this have something to do with it??

At least then you'd know if that's what happened. I don't know if sleeping more will hurt it or not. After trying that just to find out...
If he's getting up at six and going to sleep with the lights on at 5:30 why not adjust the lights so they come on earlier and go off earlier...12 hours apart preferably.

At least then you'd know if that's what happened. I don't know if sleeping more will hurt it or not. After trying that just to find out...
If he's getting up at six and going to sleep with the lights on at 5:30 why not adjust the lights so they come on earlier and go off earlier...12 hours apart preferably.
awesome, thanks for all of your help!

Back
Top Bottom