Sleep cycle

JaneaB

How long should a baby veiled be left to sleep? since I received mine about a week ago he's been going down to the bottom of his cage and closing his eyes to sleep at 6pm. So I woke up at 6am the next morning and turned his lights on and woke him up for the day, so I sort of kept that routine going. But what my question is ....even if he went to sleep at 6pm is that alright for him to wake up later and get some more sleep? Can I turn his lights on at 9 instead! I'm new
To this if I didn't mention before so i apologize if this is common sense stuff haha does he just wke up on his own even without his lights on then I'll know see I just don't want to wake him up if I don't need to or if he needs so many hours of sleep a night. So if someone can please fill me in I would greatly appreciate it.

I believe a 12 hour on/off period is fine, that's pretty much what I use too. My light are on from 7am, my monsoon rain system comes on at 7:15am. My uvb goes off at 7pm and my basking lamp off at 8pm, purely so I can get another misting in before bedtime (7:15)!
Hope that helps

Yes mine is ready for bed by 4pm and starts to make his way down the cage. Now it takes him about an hour to get there but my lights go off at 7:30pm. I do however have mine on longer from 5:55am to 7:30pm but that is only because its longer days now. Come winter months the lights are only on from 6am to 6pm. So yes they do recommend a 12 hour day.

If you go to the pet store, like petco or petsmart, in the reptile section is a 10-20 dollar timer. The more expensive ones have an extra outlet but you can get 1 and use a power strip.

Providing a timer will allow your little guy to have a consistent schedule and be awake when you feed him in the morning.

Awesome guys thank you. I'll def look into a timer and keep him on the schedule he's on now :) He seems to be enjoying it.

Back
Top Bottom