Skittish at 8 weeks.

unixmiah

Mad skittish in 8 weeks -- baby Panther. Thanks for reading-- I was told by a senior chameleon member not to handle a baby Chameleon too much because they need 6-8 months to make thicker skin and they are fragile, everything is moving delicately inside and they are scared when they are young and it's better to let them grow. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The little panther is scared in most time -- then I have my 6 months Veiled, he's not scared but does move away if I reach him after many hours but warms up later. I've never the little guy venture out of this area-- he's got a free range but he's always there-- he finally stepped near the window to checkout the scenario. Is he growing curiosity? or is he leaving his area bc of something wrong?

Is it normal for little ones to venture onto other area? this guy is always found in the same exact spot when he sleeps or eats-- he does move around, but you always spot him in his area-- this was different yesterday.

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh, I can't trust my young male panther chameleon to EVER stay where I put him. Given 1/8 of a chance, he is out of there! He seems to have places to go, people to see... imaginary ladies to seduce...

He has gotten a little better at staying put since I expanded his cage and added an additional freerange for him to wander to. I still don't trust him to stay put, though, and keep an eye on him when he's doing his afternoon "walkies".

Back
Top Bottom