Skin Necrosis

noahrofsky7

Established Member
Hello,

My female Veiled (2 years old) had to be taken into the vet for a wound that got infected. Not really sure how she got injured, but the doc said it looked like a burn because the surrounding area is slightly necrotic and black.

With that being said, this veiled has been outdoor kept the entirety of its life with no heat lamps to burn itself on. Will the scales show necrosis due to any sort of damage?

I was prescribed antibiotics and silver sulfadiazine cream for the next month.

Thanks.

IMG_8335.jpeg

Hello,

My female Veiled (2 years old) had to be taken into the vet for a wound that got infected. Not really sure how she got injured, but the doc said it looked like a burn because the surrounding area is slightly necrotic and black.

With that being said, this veiled has been outdoor kept the entirety of its life with no heat lamps to burn itself on. Will the scales show necrosis due to any sort of damage?

I was prescribed antibiotics and silver sulfadiazine cream for the next month.

Thanks.

View attachment 339268
The only other option I could think of, especially since she’s living outside, is a spider bite or some kind poisonous insect. @DeremensisBlue had such experience with his carpet chameleon, she suffered also from spider bite. Which I belief developed something similar looking to skin necrosis.

I haven't had any known spider bites from keeping outdoors but I frequently find black widows in the cages. I do my best to control them with the squish method. I hope she does well and recovers fully.

Back
Top Bottom