Skin crust

Lessy78

I was talking to a guy today that I had called to get a 9 month old veiled I'm still waiting for pics from him but one concern I had was he had said the little guy has a crusty spot on his skin that is not shedding skin as far as he knows , any ideas as to what it may be , as soon as I get pics I'll try and post

Here are some pics the guy sent me , I can't fill out the form because its not my chameleon

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 153
Here's another , I know he has it in a large exo terra with a mister system, he's not sure on the sex either

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 198
Could you print off the form and get the guy to complete it . If you are going to get the Cham and you have concerns then it shouldn't be a problem.:)

Any

Does any one have any guesses as to what it looks like , I'm at work right now and I don't have a printer at home , the guy that owns it is on night shifts right now and we can't meet up till next week when I planed to buy it from him

So he says

He has only been giving it one type of calcium , he's not sure which type , so this maybe the problem ?

He has only been giving it one type of calcium , he's not sure which type , so this maybe the problem ?

I doubt this is a supplement problem. Looks like either a fungal or bacterial infection to me because of the multiple crusty spots. A vet will probably have to sample them and do cultures to determine what it is. The treatments will most likely be topical but the products necessary would be completely different (anti fungal versus anti bacterial). Doesn't look like a burn.

That being said, the hind leg of this cham looks a bit odd but the camera angle is bad. Knowning its past nutrition would answer the question about MBD though. We'd need to see a pic of the hind feet to be sure about sex.

I doubt this is a supplement problem. Looks like either a fungal or bacterial infection to me because of the multiple crusty spots. A vet will probably have to sample them and do cultures to determine what it is. The treatments will most likely be topical but the products necessary would be completely different (anti fungal versus anti bacterial). Doesn't look like a burn.

That being said, the hind leg of this cham looks a bit odd but the camera angle is bad. Knowning its past nutrition would answer the question about MBD though. We'd need to see a pic of the hind feet to be sure about sex.

..And I'll add to that the possibility of viral infection.
It might be something difficult to treat and it may be contagious to other reptiles.

I was thinking the same thing about the hind leg as Carlton and the hip area looks odd, as well.
A vet would have to test them and prescribe an effective treatment.

Unless you're interested in rescuing a cham from an apparently clueless owner (since he doesn't even know what kind of calcium he is using), you'd be better off getting a cham from a more knowledgeable source such as a private breeder or a forum sponsor.

I would go to the vet for that. That looks like an infected wound or something of the sort. Bad business.

I would get a vet appointment.

Back
Top Bottom