size of container for 1000 crickets & where you keep them

Clayton0520

Avid Member
what size container do you use for 1000 crickets? Also where do you keep them? I have been keeping mine in the garage but recently I lost a LOT of my crickets and I believe it was due to heat. The Texas summer is staring to warm up. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated.

what part of Texas do you live in? I have the same Problem in Houston so I had to keep them inside (Ugh). I would think that one of the giant tubs with air holes in the top. We use them for Christmas lights tho...

The Summer get Scorching hot, but for some reason my cham likes being outside for like 2-5 minutes i think its bc of the humidity its like a giant enclosure!

I live in Dallas, I recently bought a 116 quart sterilite tub that I cut the lid and glued screen in. My old tubs are about half that size ( I looked but iv take the tags off them ). Here recently I noticed when I cleaned my cricket tubs out that I had a crazy amount that were dead. I just ordered 1500 more crickets and I moved my tub to my spare bedroom. I’m hoping that this will keep more of them alive! What has your experience been?

Well....... Once they gave me 2 slightly bigger ones and overnight there were only the 2 bigger ones left, you can guess what happened. I would recommend checking the size... twice

I live in Dallas, I recently bought a 116 quart sterilite tub that I cut the lid and glued screen in. My old tubs are about half that size ( I looked but iv take the tags off them ). Here recently I noticed when I cleaned my cricket tubs out that I had a crazy amount that were dead. I just ordered 1500 more crickets and I moved my tub to my spare bedroom. I’m hoping that this will keep more of them alive! What has your experience been?
I hope you guests like to listen to crickets at night! lol

what size container do you use for 1000 crickets? Also where do you keep them? I have been keeping mine in the garage but recently I lost a LOT of my crickets and I believe it was due to heat. The Texas summer is staring to warm up. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated.

How high is the temperature? It's 85 here and my crickets are doing fine.

Have you ever checked the temperatures? I have all my roaches in a closet in my apartment's balcony. It seems the highest it gets in there is 90°F and never had a problem. I'm in Austin by the way.

This last weekend it was around 97 in my garage, I also wondered if maybe the humidity was too high for them? I was thinking about installing a small fan in there cage to keep air circulating and keep the temps and humidity lower. Has anyone tried that or had to do that? Also I got a shipment of 1500 1/2” crickets today that I put in a fresh 116 quart container with 3/4 of the lid cut out and screen glued in. 3536FCC4-81D9-49C3-B5B7-096ADDE58A55.jpeg BB88D84D-94FC-4623-A17B-5A1DF5BA394E.jpeg D1BAE8D8-C3E2-43AD-8888-DE4DD06D1C95.jpeg

High humidity will wipe them out. I keep my crickets and dubia in a poorly ventilated garage and they do fine in California. I know it gets hotter than 100˚F in the summer but the weather is drier.

I don't remember who but someone used a mini comp. fan to keep them ventilated and/or cut out side vents with screen to improve air flow.

Back
Top Bottom