since 10.22

Jugg

I did what everyone said about her laying bin and when I placed her in there she was trying to get out and she was really stressed. Ever since then she has teen fine and she has not been on the bottom of her cage nor does she stop eating....I will continue to monitor her but it has been 2 weeks now. So is it safe to say that she wasn't pregnant?

I think that may be fine but I think you need to keep some type of bin available at all times. Some folks put a smaller tray of soil/sand in the bottom of the animals enclosure and leave it there.

its best to keep a full sized lay bin in her cage at all times.

It can take a female 4-6 weeks to lay eggs once they begin to make them.

Because it can be hard to tell when she is ready until she actually starts to dig and such, we recommend the lay bin be accessible at all time.

its best to keep a full sized lay bin in her cage at all times.

It can take a female 4-6 weeks to lay eggs once they begin to make them.

Because it can be hard to tell when she is ready until she actually starts to dig and such, we recommend the lay bin be accessible at all time.

+1 I keep a laying bin in both of my girl's cages at all times. They're around 10" wide by 16" long by 10" tall and are filled with a mixture of play sand and organic potting soil. I put a small plant stand in the cages that way I can still keep chameleon safe plants in the cage with them and have branches that go in to the laying bin for when they need them. So far they haven't been used (my girls are only 6 and 9 months old) but it is better to have the laying bin in there and available to them whenever the need arises than to risk not having anything in there when the need comes. Just be sure to drill a few small holes in the bottom to give the water from the constant mistings a way out. Here's a pic of my set up to give you an idea what I'm talking about:

+1 I keep a laying bin in both of my girl's cages at all times. They're around 10" wide by 16" long by 10" tall and are filled with a mixture of play sand and organic potting soil. I put a small plant stand in the cages that way I can still keep chameleon safe plants in the cage with them and have branches that go in to the laying bin for when they need them. So far they haven't been used (my girls are only 6 and 9 months old) but it is better to have the laying bin in there and available to them whenever the need arises than to risk not having anything in there when the need comes. Just be sure to drill a few small holes in the bottom to give the water from the constant mistings a way out. Here's a pic of my set up to give you an idea what I'm talking about:

unless im overlooking it i think you should add something to assist them when they are trying to enter/leave the bin. just to make life easier on them lol

unless im overlooking it i think you should add something to assist them when they are trying to enter/leave the bin. just to make life easier on them lol

You overlooked where I said it in the text but you're right it isn't shown in the picture. I took that picture after I got done rearranging everything to make room for the new cage and hadn't lowered the sticks back down (they're zip-tied to the branch and plant stand so they swivel out of the way for cleaning). Here's a close up of the bin, hope this helps:

Back
Top Bottom