silver vs black screen enclosure

javsto

First off I would like to thank those of you who for your previous input on the black mesh enclosures that I recently asked about
https://www.chameleonforums.com/black-mesh-enclosures-59948/

my next question has to do with the same topic except with black screen vs silver screen cages. Which provides better visability to see your cham with and does rust or discoloration occur with those colored aluminum cages? Is a silver screen with black border cage available or vice versa? Does the heat from the basking lamp sitting on top spread throughout the cage to other areas, possibly heating joints or tye wraps, maybe bedding if its in a bedroom or other flammable materials? Im just trying to cover all bases.

First of all, aluminum doesn't rust. SOmetimes in the past I've had hard water stains appear at my old house, but aluminum should not rust. Visibility thorugh black screen versus silver screen to me is the same. I personally prefer black screen, but that's just my preference. As far as heating up other parts of the cage, are you refering to the conductivity of heat through metal? There is a small bit of conductivity, but nothing significant enough to create a fire hazard. It also depends on the size or wattage of heat lamp bulb you choose to use.

I use both silver&bronze screen cages.I even have one with green screen.As long as the frame is rigid and the screen is stretched,and you have proper lighting.you will see your chams just fine.So get the color that you like.:)

I just finished building mine and used the charcoal screening on it. I liked the look of it better than the bight silver screening. It really is personal preference as they both have the same size openings so visibility is the same.

Black works better

I like black better because you can see the calcium build up from the water and also the black does not reflect the light as much as silver. Making the viewing slightly easier to see.

Back
Top Bottom