silly question

Hoj

Friendly Grasshopper
so i know that the general rule of thumb is to not use feeders wider than the space between the eyes or width of the mouth, but what about worms?
is terms of size, what about the lenght almost all worms are small enough around but alot are quite long. i was looking at some horm and superworms but they are so long. as well i have some very small butter worms and a tiny 3m old panther. just curious on this one.

thanks hoj

I believe that soft bodied worms are the exception to the rule. Of course you use your best judgment and don't feed off a horn that is as long as your cham S/V :p

All of my Chams do very well with super worms (small) and of course you will have some that grow a bit but no issues with supers or horn worms they get gobbled up!

Can you get small super worms? Are they not just meal worms? :s

Yes you can by small super worms either by placing an order from one of the sponsors etc like Mulberry farms or your local pet store I do however gut load mine with small amount of collards or kale and carrot shavings .

Can you get small super worms? Are they not just meal worms? :s

I believe they are two different species of worms, it just gets tricky when you have people referring to both as "jumbo mealworms" - I think there are some that are just mealworms fed a growth hormone, and then there is another species that is the usual superworm. That is usually the sought-after one, for gutloading or whatever, I believe.
Usually when we (the pet store I work at) gets an order of supers, they are all around the sameish size, but occasionally when I'm counting out our hundred packs, I will get the odd little tiny one, and yes, if you weren't looking closely, you would probably guess it was a normal mealworm, but actually I think it's just a small super, cause they seem to look a little meatier I guess you would say, than our average mealworm.
I've been trying to pick those tiny ones out for my new little faly to try. Some of them even seemed too big though when I got them home, they look so small compared to the normal supers, but at home compared to his head, most of them I said "umm, nope" and big mitsio got to eat them.

Back
Top Bottom