Silly Cham behaviors that you relate to or adore.

MrsM

Avid Member
I have observed so many little Cham behaviors that make my heart smile.

Today Scary Terry was reaching for a branch with his little alien paw. It was WAY too far, but his determined little heart wouldn’t give up. He was desperately waving and reaching that arm anyways. In fact, he held his arm out as if he was summoning that branch like a Jedi. I love when he reaches like that.

What about you guys? What idiosyncrasies do you enjoy most about your babies?

Watching Tye walk 700 steps to get to the same sleeping spot every night at the exact same time exactly 2hrs before lights out. When all he had to do is take 1 branch straight down 20 steps lol. Not sure if this is a security patrol he's doing before hand or what but it cracks me up everytime I watch him do it. Jellybean is currently in the habit of throwing himself off me as a last ditch effort to get away. He litteraly leaps off my hand. No tail curl for security or care in the world. He just jumps.

So it is not silly. But I adore when Beman curls his tail up. I can always tell when he does this that he is totally content.
I think it is just so adorable. One of the most beautiful things to me to see the patterning of his colors when his tail is in this perfect little curl. Makes my little heart go awwwwwww.

6-4-19_1.jpg 6-4-19_2.jpg

Ok so I left out Betty. At breakfast time she will turn away from me looking sassy, but looking backwards that one eye is checking out what I brought her to eat. Once she sees a silkworm she turns and goofily trots over with her googly eyes lit up.

i’m sure most chameleons do this but the hesitation with her tongue my veiled does every time i offer her a worm is probably the funniest thing i see lol

big ol googly eyes locked on to a worm looking at me while her tongue goes in and out a few times beforeshe decides its time for the worm to go

That's often a sign of some serious health problems
Ill keep an eye on it then. He has had regular check ups with our exotic vet. He's only truly grabbed a leg once and that was when he was probably 4 months give or take. Hes now 1 year and 2 months. I had just heard about the leg grabbing and did not know it was a problem. Thank you so much for the info!

Ill keep an eye on it then. He has had regular check ups with our exotic vet. He's only truly grabbed a leg once and that was when he was probably 4 months give or take. Hes now 1 year and 2 months. I had just heard about the leg grabbing and did not know it was a problem. Thank you so much for the info!

You're probably in the clear then. On a rare occasion they'll do it, usually when upset about being handled or something. I've seen mine do it when I move them out of their cage for something. It's really an issue when it happens on a regular basis.

You're probably in the clear then. On a rare occasion they'll do it, usually when upset about being handled or something. I've seen mine do it when I move them out of their cage for something. It's really an issue when it happens on a regular basis.
Thank god. I got really worried. Hes such a sweetie. and a dork. He does this very cute thing where he will perch on my shoulder in a way that looks like he is sitting and giving me advice.

Back
Top Bottom