Silkworms.

Kronos

Established Member
My husband and I have been trying to feed our baby Panther Chameleon Kronos silkworms. Not sure if he’s interested. They keep gathering in clumps. I keep trying to separate them but they always end up in a clump. What are your suggestions for getting your panther chameleon to eat silkworms? I’m hoping that once he has one, he’ll love them. Since they’re so nutritious.

Might take a while - just let them crawl around the branches. Eventually, one day, theyll get hungry enough to try one.
If ya let them crawl on branches can't they get out? And do they die off if not eaten!?!? Me thinks it's easier to larva them and throw them in as moths.

Keep trying.. Babies are typically only ever fed crickets as they get larger. So giving them diversity in their diet takes time. Your baby is tiny too so make sure your giving really small silks. If they are too big he will avoid them all together.

They are about maybe a quarter of an inch long. Got super small ones. I just would like to make sure that he has different options/variety in his diet. Hopefully he will like the silkworms once he tastes them. Have been trying to feed him those for a couple of days now and will continue to hopefully get him to devour one. Hehehe. He has eaten Dubia roaches also but prefers crickets. We are still trying to introduce them to him anyways. Slow introduction is the game, I guess. Lol.

They are about maybe a quarter of an inch long. Got super small ones. I just would like to make sure that he has different options/variety in his diet. Hopefully he will like the silkworms once he tastes them. Have been trying to feed him those for a couple of days now and will continue to hopefully get him to devour one. Hehehe. He has eaten Dubia roaches also but prefers crickets. We are still trying to introduce them to him anyways. Slow introduction is the game, I guess. Lol.
Sounds good i'm actually gonna buy 1/4-1/2 inches for my (soon to be) baby panther myself

Not sure when you are getting your baby. But if it’s soon, you might want to go ahead and place an order. It was super hard to find extra small to small silkworms.

If ya let them crawl on branches can't they get out? And do they die off if not eaten!?!? Me thinks it's easier to larva them and throw them in as moths.

No, they wont escape. They dont travel too much. If it dies, pick it out... but they can go over a week without food so its not like you’re going to be overwhelmed with death. Moths dont eat after they emerge, so not the same nutrition, but they are also tasty.

Maybe I spoke too soon. Lol. He was chilling on his umbrella tree and my husband put a silkworm up there for him to check out. He gobbled up that little sucker quickly. I tried to get a video but he was super fast about it. So I only got some pictures. The best picture I got was of him and the silkworm going toe to toe/eye to eye!!! Lol. That silkworm was close to half an inch but definitely under. Tried a smaller one but he didn’t seem interested.
81F099B6-2094-48D4-ADCA-6F9E135109B9.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom