Silkworms

rummbo

My 2.5 months veiled cham just started eating mini silkworms. I am considering making a large quantity purchase in order to bring the cost down due to high shipping charge. My question is given the silkworms have sufficient amount of food(I have a mulberry tree nearby), how long would a 1/4" silkworm take to get to an inch long? Definitely don't want the silkworms to outgrow what my cham can take down.
Does anyone have any experience in growing silkworms that can drop some knowledge on me?

Thanks in adv.

My 2.5 months veiled cham just started eating mini silkworms. I am considering making a large quantity purchase in order to bring the cost down due to high shipping charge. My question is given the silkworms have sufficient amount of food(I have a mulberry tree nearby), how long would a 1/4" silkworm take to get to an inch long? Definitely don't want the silkworms to outgrow what my cham can take down.
Does anyone have any experience in growing silkworms that can drop some knowledge on me?

Thanks in adv.

Well silk worms go from egg to about 1 inch in 10-14 days if kept in ideal temperatures (high 70's to low 80's) and offered plenty of food.

and while at it, check this thread out, its got a ton of stuff - https://www.chameleonforums.com/silkworms-101-a-7906/

Back
Top Bottom