Silkworms UK?

stalincat

Hey folk
any ideas where i can get silkworms? Well apart from silkwormstore.. not a big fan of their, for some reason the worms turn to goo within a couple of days.
I've got some eggs cooking, but it's gonna take forever.. so any suggestion would be very appreciated
Thanks!

Hey folk
any ideas where i can get silkworms? Well apart from silkwormstore.. not a big fan of their, for some reason the worms turn to goo within a couple of days.
I've got some eggs cooking, but it's gonna take forever.. so any suggestion would be very appreciated
Thanks!

There are literally no silkworms about. I think most are being saved to be sold as this weekends reptile show.

Hey folk
Thanks!

You are the fourth person who I have spoken to with the same problem, me included. Lizard Lunch have started to sell them but guess what, none in stock. I think Bradley is right.

Not sure if they will ship to UK, but I checked my order earlier today...and still in processing. Seems I am in the same boat as others. I wanted the silkies to feed my veiled since they will be a good size already. The horns I have are still fairly small for my baby panther yet, but in a few more days should be getting close to mealworm size.

Not sure if they will ship to UK, but I checked my order earlier today...and still in processing. Seems I am in the same boat as others. I wanted the silkies to feed my veiled since they will be a good size already. The horns I have are still fairly small for my baby panther yet, but in a few more days should be getting close to mealworm size.

In order for them to survive shipment they need to arrive next day and that's not going to happen from the states, let alone customs problems.LOL I think that perhaps your problem could be due to excessive heat as I know breeders in uk won't ship if temps are too high or too low. There is a big reptile show in uk today and they have silks there, so Bradley is right, they have been kept to sell there. Hope you some soon. You might like to look into breeding your own.:D

The thought has crossed my mind, it has been cooler here of late, lower 80's and lower humidity, has been feeling like early fall...not like a few weeks ago, high 90's and like 70+% humidity. I also looked into hornworms as well, but found out how much of a mess they squirt all over. I did try crickets twice with no success, and will try again at some point in time.

Back
Top Bottom