Silkworms eat dandelion leaves

I have fed dandelions without any problems but they were reluctant to go back to chow. They will take shredded carrots if you don't mind the orange tint.?

This is a really old thread so I thought I would respond. Typically silks that are raised on chow will not successfully move to mulberry leaves and vice versa. I would order some silk worm chow.

I've always found silks happy to take fresh leaves whether raised on chow or not

In an emergency, I have had success feeding hornworms on potato until I can get more horn chow. I wouldn't feed them to the chams on this, but in a pinch to keep them alive it has worked for me.

Not a silk response, but in the same vein...

I've always found silks happy to take fresh leaves whether raised on chow or not
I have gotten two batches now that were raised on mulberry leaves that died off and would barely eat the chow. ? So maybe they just do not do well on chow if they had the leaves but are fine to covert to leaves from chow.

I have gotten two batches now that were raised on mulberry leaves that died off and would barely eat the chow. ? So maybe they just do not do well on chow if they had the leaves but are fine to covert to leaves from chow.

Ahh yeah ive heard that they will go from chow to leaves, but not leaves to chow.

Back
Top Bottom