Silkworm sizes to buy and feed

zombiepixel

5256_127819421353_504961353_3207201_4389648_n.jpg

This is Trogdor, He is about 4 months old.

I want to buy some feeder ready silkworms from mullberry farms. what size of silkworms should I attempt to buy?

love the name... All I can think of is the song "Trogdor! Burn-a-nating the people.. Trogdor!" LOL

remember they do grow quick, small ones are nice cause they last a bit longer, u can always slow their feeding down

I'd say hey be fine with med silks, however... If I were buying them, I'd buy a 25-50 mediums and 100-200 smalls. Feed off the mediums and raise the smalls to med size over the next month or so. That way you have food for now and food for later.

-Jay

I'd say hey be fine with med silks, however... If I were buying them, I'd buy a 25-50 mediums and 100-200 smalls. Feed off the mediums and raise the smalls to med size over the next month or so. That way you have food for now and food for later.

-Jay

Hey buddy... i've seen your latest thread about your silkworm successes. Don't talk to me like I ever even seen a silkworm in real life :)

How fast do they grow and how big are mediums?

hehe trogdor hehe

I would do med silks and if your gonna do HWs get smalls..... they grow kinda fast

as far as growing.. I have been feeding my silks leaves and the smalls I got from about 3 weeks ago are just getting into the larger end of medium and smaller end of large... meaning... about 1.5-2"

Back
Top Bottom