silkworm raising bin

reptoman

Avid Member
I put together a screen platform for raising silkworms once they are around 1/2" long. This allows their poop to fall through to the bottom so you get less die off as they are growing. Thought I would share. The med sized tote and PVC pipe and fittings costs less than $10. The screen I use is petscreen but any large holed screen can be used just as long as the poop can fall through to the bottom. As they get larger I replace the petscreen platform with a larger holed mesh like 1/4x1/4.

Last edited:
I put together a screen platform for raising silkworms once they are around 1/2" long. This allows their poop to fall through to the bottom so you get less die off as they are growing. Thought I would share. The med sized tote and PVC pipe and fittings costs less than $10. The screen I use is petscreen but any large holed screen can be used just as long as the poop can fall through to the bottom. As they get larger I replace the petscreen platform with a larger holed mesh like 1/4x1/4.

I am going to home depot that is one of the coolest silkworm raisers I have ever seen ....

This is a good idea to have some way to lift the silkworms out and clean all the frass that falls through the screen . Smart.....

Back
Top Bottom