silkworm breeding

batmancumming

ok so i got a silkworm cup about a month ago filled with small worms, and they lasted quite awhile and grew pretty big. i finally fed them all off yesterday and im now left with 3 cocoons. i figured i could at least attempt to keep them going if at all possible and wanted to see if anyone has successfully managed to do so. any tips? and can i remove the cocoons from the cup? if so what should i put them in?

ok so i got a silkworm cup about a month ago filled with small worms, and they lasted quite awhile and grew pretty big. i finally fed them all off yesterday and im now left with 3 cocoons. i figured i could at least attempt to keep them going if at all possible and wanted to see if anyone has successfully managed to do so. any tips? and can i remove the cocoons from the cup? if so what should i put them in?

Yes you can remove the cocoon. I put mine in a cricket keeper lined with paper towel, shoe box would work just as well. If you have a male and female they will find each other right away and mate, they stay joined for days. If you have 2 males fighting over the female you can remove one male or put a plastic cup over the pair so they won't be interrupted.

Yes you can remove the cocoon. I put mine in a cricket keeper lined with paper towel, shoe box would work just as well. If you have a male and female they will find each other right away and mate, they stay joined for days. If you have 2 males fighting over the female you can remove one male or put a plastic cup over the pair so they won't be interrupted.
awesome, thank you :) is there an easy way to tell males from females?

Back
Top Bottom