sign of pregnancy ?

nicole.v

hi everyone! i have a 1yr old female veiled & lately she’s been a little more aggressive & not eating as much. i got told that she could be pregnant cause of the print on her. (she turns like this at least once a day) after i did more research on it, it said they eat more while pregnant. should i be concerned about this?

Attachments

• C125A01F-F4F1-48C1-8BCE-C6E64629AB2C.jpeg
    C125A01F-F4F1-48C1-8BCE-C6E64629AB2C.jpeg
    134.3 KB · Views: 50
does she often close her eyes like in the picture? This is a sign of stress and shutdown.

Yes female veileds will lay infertile eggs like chickens do. They have to have a lay bin in their enclosure. They also have to have the correct supplementation, feeding, temps, and UVB lighting to ensure that they do not become eggbound.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/egg-laying-and-the-laying-bin.345/

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/laying-bin-set-up-educational-video.77225/
noo, i accidentally pocked her eye on the other side ?. i posted another thread & got recommended what other stuff to get her so she can lay.

noo, i accidentally pocked her eye on the other side ?. i posted another thread & got recommended what other stuff to get her so she can lay.
try to keep your questions that are on the same topic to one thread... Otherwise your feedback gets scattered and you do not get the help you need.

They should not be fed more... Females actually should be kept on a specific diet and temperature or their body will create more eggs.
I would suggest you go back to your other thread and fill out the help form that was posted for you. Your not running the correct UVB lighting either. All of these things would be addressed with you when you fill out the form.

Females die without the correct husbandry due to egg binding. This is quite serious.

try to keep your questions that are on the same topic to one thread... Otherwise your feedback gets scattered and you do not get the help you need.

They should not be fed more... Females actually should be kept on a specific diet and temperature or their body will create more eggs.
I would suggest you go back to your other thread and fill out the help form that was posted for you. Your not running the correct UVB lighting either. All of these things would be addressed with you when you fill out the form.

Females die without the correct husbandry due to egg binding. This is quite serious.
i forgot to mention i went out to get all the proper stuff for her & second, she gets fed her greens & her fruit. i only give her 4-6 crickets a day.

i forgot to mention i went out to get all the proper stuff for her & second, she gets fed her greens & her fruit. i only give her 4-6 crickets a day.
She should not be fed fruit or greens... They can not digest them properly. They are not bearded dragons that eat veg and fruit they are insectivores.

I still suggest you fill out the help form to ensure the info you found was correct.

She should not be fed fruit or greens... They can not digest them properly. They are not bearded dragons that eat veg and fruit they are insectivores.

I still suggest you fill out the help form to ensure the info you found was correct.
Beman is right. They cannot brick down fruits and veggies. That is why we Gutload our bugs, so that they break it down for the Chams.

Back
Top Bottom