Sick Veiled Cham

One good sized ficus that filled the upper portion of that enclosure would make him happy for now until you either figure out the larger enclosures issues with keeping in warmth or purchase a new larger enclosure.

Everything that @Ares05 said. I use a shower curtain around 2 + sides of my 2x2x4 Reptibreeze and have several live plants to help maintain humidity. For drainage I bought the Reptibreeze stands, drilled holes in the bottom cage tray and have a bucket below. While waiting for one of the stands, I used a super big plastic tote that I carefully set the enclosure on. I use my dual dome for a basking light and a plant light and have it right next to linear uvb. The foliage density that you have in current enclosure is great! Just add many more vines and sticks.

I use a old horse blanket lol

Attachments

• 20191118_174800.jpg
    20191118_174800.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 101
  • 20191118_174753.jpg
    20191118_174753.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 97
Okay Guys, its update time.

Since we have last spoken, the following things have changed since we last spoken. He has been moved into my dorm, since I can provide better care for him from where I live. I have added more branches for him to clig around on. I have also added a pretty long, however not so full Pothos plant, as well as a rather large Umbrella Plant. I will attach a photo so you can see for yourselves. I also have given him a 12" TH50 UVB strip, as well as gotten rid of the fogger, as the humidity in the room stays pretty good.

He has not gotten better in terms of the swollen joints. His Hind right Knee is still about 2 times the size of the other knee. He has also developed a small bump on his ankle joint, of the no swollen rear leg. Upon further investigation all of his ankle joints seem to be a bit swollen. I will also provide pictures of these things as well. Over my winter break (starting in about 2 weeks) I intend to see a more legitimate Herp Vet, however I am still struggling to find one that is not days away. If there are any suggestions for a good reptile vet near Iowa (Preferably no more than 5 hours away, but you got to do what you got to do,) any recommendations will be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG-0466.jpg
    IMG-0466.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG-0467.jpg
    IMG-0467.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG-0468.jpg
    IMG-0468.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG-0469.jpg
    IMG-0469.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG-0470.jpg
    IMG-0470.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG-0471.jpg
    IMG-0471.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 109
His enclosure is still really small (get a 2x2x4 or bigger as soon as you can) but at least you got him some live plants and uvb. The swollen joints are concerning and can mean gout, or another range of serious problems. If it is gout, you cannot really cure it, just manage it. You really need to get to vet (once @jannb finds you one)

Back
Top Bottom