sick panther

hey all,
i have a female panther that produced infertile eggs about a month ago...since they were layed, she has been in a decline! not eating/drinking much! also has 1 tiny red dot very close to her eye on the eye turret....any help would be great!

Last edited:
Its possible that she has retained eggs. Some people say that if she is given the opportunity (put back into her egglaying container) she might pass the egg...but I have never had that happen myself. (I don't have much experience with egg retention.

I can only recommend that you take her to the vets. They can do an xray and it should show any retained eggs or tell you if there is some other reason for the decline.

Can you post a picture of the red dot please?

Its possible that she has retained eggs. Some people say that if she is given the opportunity (put back into her egglaying container) she might pass the egg...but I have never had that happen myself. (I don't have much experience with egg retention.

I can only recommend that you take her to the vets. They can do an xray and it should show any retained eggs or tell you if there is some other reason for the decline.

Can you post a picture of the red dot please?

i will try my b!est

Is it a panther or a veiled? Not that it matters, but your subject said Sick Panther and you said in your post female veiled. Just curious.

I ran into the problem of retained eggs with my panther a few months back. My vet travels to several towns in our area and was unavailable to do anything for a week - She suggested to soak her in warmish (like for a baby)water for 15 mins 3 times a day. The am after the first day of soaking found an egg on the cage floor and then another later that day. Continued to soak her until my vet returned to my town took my panther in for x-rays and all was good. Mind you this all took place 4-5 days after she laid. I would suggest discussing with your vet a course of action

Panther female

hey everyone, this is abuot the same female i recentlyposted as not eating...i had a powder food i was using on my male panther who lost his tongue(recentlydiseased:( ), i was wondering if i could feed this to her? also i have a syringe that i have been using to give her water, as she is also not drinking...is that ok(she is holding it down)

I don't think I would be too inclined to give her something without checking with the vet first. Have you had her in to be looked at by a vet?

I wouldn't think water through a syringe would hurt her....especially if she's not drinking by any other means. Just make sure you do it slowly so it goes to her stomach and not into her lungs, otherwise she'll end up with pneumonia and I'm sure you don't want that.

Back
Top Bottom