sick Jemen chameleon

ssshabestari

hi every body,

I've got a male jemen chameleon and he is one and half years old.
today morning he suddenly felt from his place and now he is some kinda unconscious . every time i put him under the direct sun light he will fall from his place and freez for about a minute after a while he will get calm and began to sleep!!!!!!!

what should i do
I have this chameleon for about a year and don't want to loose it:(

Chameleon Info:

* Your Chameleon - veiled chameleon, Chamaeleo calyptratus, male, 1 year 5 month old. 1 year 4 month under my care
* Handling - very often
* Feeding - crickets , daily 2 or 3
* Supplements - Nekton MSA, vitamin D3 and clacium, per month
* Watering - pipet, every two days for about 10 minute misting. it drinks from pipet
* Fecal Description - the chameleon Has never been tested for parasites

Cage Info:

* Cage Type - no cage, living on plant near the window
* Lighting -UVA UVB
* Temperature - 20-30
* Humidity - 30% 40 %
* Plants -no live plants
* Placement - near the window,no fans,no air vents, or no high traffic areas, height of the cage 1,5 m
* Location - germany

hi every body,

I've got a male jemen chameleon and he is one and half years old.
today morning he suddenly felt from his place and now he is some kinda unconscious . every time i put him under the direct sun light he will fall from his place and freez for about a minute after a while he will get calm and began to sleep!!!!!!!

what should i do
I have this chameleon for about a year and don't want to loose it:(

It doesn't sound good, if you have a vet in your area, I would definitely make an appointment to go in. I noticed in your last post that your vet said there was nothing he could do for the Panther, but maybe call him ahead of time and let him know what is going on. It sounds pretty serious, like he has a condition that caused him to fall. I would not put him directly under the heat because when he falls when you do put him under direct light, he may just be using what little energy he has to get away from the heat and since he can't move, he may overheat, so I would put him in a spot that has about an 80 degree Fahrenheit/ 27 degrees Celsius. Since he is laying on the ground, place him on a towel so he is comfortable. Also, do you think he is dehydrated and hasn't been getting much water lately? I would dry to give him water with a dropper/pipette/syringe, or whatever you can use to give him a small amount at a time, but ONLY if he is conscious and able to swallow the water, otherwise he will inhale it and choke. Try to get in to see a vet a soon as you can and give him water, warmth but not heat, and a comfortable place to lay until then.

Back
Top Bottom