Sick female veiled chameleon

Why do you handle her to mist her?
Oh no i meant like going by her cage and possibly stressing her. I thought she would change dark due to being sick but shes turning white. When shes feed she starts getting color and especially around her eyes.

Female veiled chameleons can live to be 6 or 7 years old ...or more...so she's not old.

I do think she's shutting down though...but not due to her age. Possibly reproductive/egg issues.

Last edited:
Female veiled chameleons can live to be 6 or 7 years old ...or more...so she's not old.

I do think she's shutting down though...but not due to her age. Possibly reproductive/egg issues.
She wasnt egg bound and they said 2-3 yrs tops for most females

I've kept chameleons for over 30 years and after I had kept them for a couple of years where I had a learning curve, my veiled females almost always lived to be over 6 and usually to 7 years of age. It's mostly a husbandry issue if they don't.
"Captive-bred females typically live up to five years and males can live up for up to eight years when kept properly"....
https://www.petmd.com/reptile/species/veiled-chameleon

So there were no eggs in her? Any follicles?

Last edited:
I've kept chameleons for over 30 years and after I had kept them for a couple of years where I had a learning curve, my veiled females almost always lived to be over 6 and usually to 7 years of age. It's mostly a husbandry issue if they don't.

So there wer no eggs in her? Any follicles?
Vet felt her stomach and said these no sign of any eggs. She was a little over 5 mg and said her weight was good for her size. Basically said spend as much time with her as you can but today her eyes opened so idk

No she looked at her pulled a bit on her legs and checked her eyes and inside her mouth. Felt all around her belly area. Then explained what i had mentioned. Dehydration and age.

I seriously feel its major dehydration because why else would she keep trying to move with good grip, opened eyes...?

Don't remember if I asked you this...so sorry if I'm asking twice...
What color are her urates? White, yellowish, orangish or very orange?

Back
Top Bottom