Sick female veiled chameleon

Lisjud

I have a sick female veiled chameleon about 2-2.5 yrs. old. She has a appt. for vet but how much is this going to cost? She is not eating or drinking on her own. So force tube feeding its been for last 2 days. Her eyes are closed but will open them from time to time. Her color is a pale green with some patterns of yellow and at times brown. Eyes are sunken.
Help with any info. Please

Attachments

• 20220328_001758.jpg
    20220328_001758.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 83
  • 20220328_001606.jpg
    20220328_001606.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 20220327_214302_HDR.jpg
    20220327_214302_HDR.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 83
  • Message_1648352519053.jpg
    Message_1648352519053.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 85
  • received_1695536677478211.jpeg
    received_1695536677478211.jpeg
    213.3 KB · Views: 81
I have a sick female veiled chameleon about 2-2.5 yrs. old. She has a appt. for vet but how much is this going to cost? She is not eating or drinking on her own. So force tube feeding its been for last 2 days. Her eyes are closed but will open them from time to time. Her color is a pale green with some patterns of yellow and at times brown. Eyes are sunken.
Help with any info. Please
Ok so how long have you had her and how long has this been going on? Looks like she may have a respiratory infection. Be really careful force feeding their esophagus is in the very back of the mouth. Make sure your vet knows how to treat reptiles. A regular vet will not have the training needed to treat her.

Last edited:
She looks too thin. Has she been tested for parasites recently? Definitely agree that a vet visit is needed, the sooner the better. Make sure to take a fresh poo to be tested.
Vet costs vary widely, even in the same area. I’m taking one of my girls to my Orlando vet tomorrow and planning on at least around $200 for office visit, fecal and radiographs.

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry about your female....she is definitely sick and needs to see a good chameleon vet. I can't tell you what it will cost...it varies and depends on what they decide/need to do....just as has been suggested.

What are you force feeding her?
Be careful she doesn't aspirate any of the food.

Has she ever laid eggs?

Ok so how long have you had her and how long has this been going on? Looks like she may have a respiratory infection. Be really careful force feeding their esophagus is in the very back of the mouth. Make sure your vet knows how to treat reptiles. A regular vet will not have the training needed to treat her.
He's my daughter's chameleon we've had her about a year-and-a-half now I believe she's about two and a half though and the person that is force-feeding her through the syringe tube knows how to do so as he used to be assistant but other than that he doesn't really know too much about chameleons

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry about your female....she is definitely sick and needs to see a good chameleon vet. I can't tell you what it will cost...it varies and depends on what they decide/need to do....just as has been suggested.

Has she ever laid eggs?
So I have a proper syringe in tube for a reptile it's actually made for a gecko but that's all that I was able to get and we are taking the heads off the worms like the hornworms and superworms and then just basically sucking out the gut and everything into the syringe and mixing it with a little bit of water so it's not so thick going down and we're alternating between not and then also just water with her calcium and multivitamin

Welcome to the forum!

Has she ever laid eggs?
Yes she has laid eggs before last year I remember her less when she first started laying her eggs this when we found out that she was a female and that was about four times I think that she did that now for this year no she has not so that's another concern is whether she is egg bound

She looks too thin. Has she been tested for parasites recently? Definitely agree that a vet visit is needed, the sooner the better. Make sure to take a fresh poo to be tested.
Vet costs vary widely, even in the same area. I’m taking one of my girls to my Orlando vet tomorrow and planning on at least around $200 for office visit, fecal and radiographs.
No she has not been tested for anything I have a vet appointment tomorrow and with the love and hope of God I will have enough money to properly get her taken care of

shes still with eyes closed not moving but will if picked up. Not eating or drinking on her own.

Attachments

• 20220328_222352.jpg
    20220328_222352.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 69
Back
Top Bottom