Sick Cham

I’m in Scarborough, Ontario Canada.
I don’t know anyone here or at the the store so ??‍♀️I appreciate all the advice.

In a vet thread on the forum I found this recommendation. But it was from ~7 years ago. So you could call them, see if they still have someone on staff who knows chameleons. If they're too far from you, you can ask if there are any folks they'd recommend who know their chameleons closer to you.

Canada, Ontario good for folks living north of the GTA
Campus Estates
Animal Hospital
1460 Gordon Street South
Guelph, Ontario
N1L 1C8
519-837-1212 phone number

In a vet thread on the forum I found this recommendation. But it was from ~7 years ago. So you could call them, see if they still have someone on staff who knows chameleons. If they're too far from you, you can ask if there are any folks they'd recommend who know their chameleons closer to you.

Canada, Ontario good for folks living north of the GTA
Campus Estates
Animal Hospital
1460 Gordon Street South
Guelph, Ontario
N1L 1C8
519-837-1212 phone number
Uh Guelph is really far like hours drive and I do not drive ?

So my light came but I don’t think it’s right??? It please tell me

Attachments

• 6477F92F-A348-4F09-A42E-2AA48342575B.png
    6477F92F-A348-4F09-A42E-2AA48342575B.png
    410.8 KB · Views: 60
It came with a bulb but know where does it say uvb. So I’ve ordered the reptisun
They typically come with daylight bulbs. If your needing it just for plant lighting then it comes with the bulb you typically need. If your needing it for UVB and it does not say on the ordering page that it comes with UVB then it does not. That is when you have to buy the bulb separately.

So I need the blue bulb for heat. And is the 40watt ok if I have it right in the mesh.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 60
So I need the blue bulb for heat. And is the 40watt ok if I have it right in the mesh.
Looks like a new bulb so hate to say it but... blue or red bulbs can be harmful to chameleon eyes over time. You will want to either get just a normal incandescent household bulb (which works just as good as the “reptile” ones and are cheaprr) or a not colored reptile heat bulb.

Looks like a new bulb so hate to say it but... blue or red bulbs can be harmful to chameleon eyes over time. You will want to either get just a normal incandescent household bulb (which works just as good as the “reptile” ones and are cheaprr) or a not colored reptile heat bulb.
So I can use a normal everyday light bulb??? What watt???

They are not necessary to buy but those ones are ok. They get commonly used because they come in the chameleon kits. They actually produce a white light.
Ok yeah I just thought all colored bulbs are bad for them. Didn’t know the blue ones produced a white light thanks

Back
Top Bottom