Sick Cham Died

clandrauiv

Today I got home to take my male cham to the vet and I found him at the bottom of the enclosure.

It was odd becuase he was improving with movement and drinking just not yet eating crickets. I gave him some Ensure to hold him over until the appointment, but it was too late.

I'm going to keep an eye on the female to see if there are any changes, for signs of contagious sickness, but for now it seems she great.

Again thanks for the help and the knowledge, so that I can be sure that my female will have a healthy life.

I am sorry for both of your loss's. It can be tough to deal with a loss. But look at the bright side. At least we took the chance with life and enjoyed them for a little while. Nothing is forever.

Frank

I am very sorry for your loss. It is always difficult when we lose a pet. If you can, take a fresh fecal from your female to the vet to be analyzed for disease/parasites. Usually, having just a lab test done is inexpensive without having to make a veterinarian appointment. Call your vet and see if you can do this just in case your male had something infectious.

I do random checks with all my panthers on a regular basis for check ups. If I find fresh fecals in a cage on any given day, I take them all to be looked at just to ensure that all is well. That way, random samples are checked routinely. He will check them and call me with the results. It is a good habit to get into periodically, especially if you have more than one chameleon.

Again, I'm sorry and I hope all is well with your female.

Back
Top Bottom