Shy Veiled = Gravid?

RicoRoxy

Roxy usually likes to be looked at, likes to come out to walk on our hands. Since we let her mate every time we look into her cage she sucks in her sides, and hides behind the 1/2 dia vine. Trying not to be seen. Is this normal?

Also we just recently changed her to the 2x2x4 cage so do you think that could be the reason she is now shy?

how long ago did you let her mate? depending on time and gestation could be why she is acting like that. also do you have an egg laying bin in her cage? you should definately do that ASAP for she will lay a clutch whether it be fertile or not. 10" inch diamter 12"inch deep garbage can works well with moistened washed play sand

also she needs privacy. put a towel so she cant see you or anything, so she is comfortable with laying her eggs. any stress could lead to eggbound

We have a large bin about 15in deep, behind her plants and fake ivy, towels on the screen to create privacy, so far no scratching, I would say it as been two weeks since she was last with Rico... Her color is dark, I added a space heater to the room under the table her new cage is on... I have been feeding her 5-7 dusted w/out d3 every other evening. I read that is is best not to feed to much, to keep clutch size down. I do not want to hurt her.

Please let me know if these changes are a mistake. Her cage is about 2 feet from Rico, we have added a fabric panel on his cage to be sure he cannot look at her all day.

Moving to a new cage can be very stressful for a cham regardless of whether or not they are preggers. Give her some time to adjust. How many times did you attempt to breed? If she is not receptive or if she is already pregnant, she will turn very dark when you put her into his cage and will let him know to leave her alone in no uncertain terms! When I attempt a breeding, I give them plenty of alone time, checking in occasionally to see if it took. If it took, she will have bright yellow spots almost immediately. If not, I may even leave her in there over night. If all else fails...light up some candles and pop in the mood music! LOL!;)

we had them together a couple of times in the span of a week, we did walk in once and find them laying together on the soil, another time hanging on a branch, and it seemed he was "rocking" on her. So your saying the dark color of her now could just be the new cage? I added her vines from her old smaller cage and the small plant she is familar with.

thanks for your help, any advice on the quantity and supp. of her food? And how about the space heater? I think it takes moisture out of the room, but does keep the chill out. Which is the greater evil?

Back
Top Bottom