Shut eyes but active - HELP

Ciccone19

I have a baby chameleon estimated 4-5 months old, in the last 18 hours he has rarely opened his eyes - but will once in a while - but he is extremely active, what is happening??
I read that he may be dehydrated but I'm not sure if this is correct or how to rehydrate him.
I also left his light on for about 15 hours instead of 12 hours yesterday and didn't mist him as much as I usually do - I'm not sure if this has any affect but thought I would include.
he's in a 36in x 18in all screen cage. Basking spot is between 79-85 degrees F. I have a dripper and I mist the cage 5-6 times a day, no substrate at the bottom of the cage and no bowl of water. I feed him crickets, and in the bottom of his cage I have a calcium block that the crickets eat.

How long have you had it? Is the cage near a window? Draft?
Do you have a UVB light? Which none? Do you turn out all the lights at night?
Please post some recent photos.

I've had him for a little over 3 weeks, the cage is about 5-6 feet away from a window but the window isn't open, and it's on the opposites side of the room from where the air/heat comes out. I do have a UVB light (picture of box is attached). And I do turn all the lights off at night.

Attachments

• IMG_1077.JPG
    IMG_1077.JPG
    263 KB · Views: 98
I have a baby chameleon estimated 4-5 months old, in the last 18 hours he has rarely opened his eyes - but will once in a while - but he is extremely active, what is happening??
I read that he may be dehydrated but I'm not sure if this is correct or how to rehydrate him.
I also left his light on for about 15 hours instead of 12 hours yesterday and didn't mist him as much as I usually do - I'm not sure if this has any affect but thought I would include.
he's in a 36in x 18in all screen cage. Basking spot is between 79-85 degrees F. I have a dripper and I mist the cage 5-6 times a day, no substrate at the bottom of the cage and no bowl of water. I feed him crickets, and in the bottom of his cage I have a calcium block that the crickets eat.
It's been about 24 hours now, he seems to be able to open his left eye but chooses not to when walking around his cage which is making me nervous because he is just guessing on what to grab onto and sometimes will fall either to another branch or the ground. He is also becoming less active as he just sits in the same spot. I want to try and give him a shower but I don't know exactly how to do it, especially because I don't have a fake plant that isn't attached to the inside of his cage. Any suggestions??

Put him on a plant and don't aim the shower directly at him but aim the water against the wall of the shower.

Please don't make more than one thread on the same topic for the same chameleon. It makes it more work for those if us who answer you.

Back
Top Bottom