Shrek the chameleon

Rootman

Hey everybody hope everyone's having a good day. This is Shrek we got him about 4 weeks ago from a reptile expo. he was wild caught so he is quite a bit feisty.
16547985922247838453049697929854.jpg

Where do you live that you got a wild caught Veiled? This is not a common thing at all. If he was wild caught was he treated for parasites?

I live in eastern North Carolina. I figured they were caught around South Florida the keys somewhere. as for being treated not sure. the only issue he appeared to have when I got him was he hadn't been fed very well. You could see if you more of the bones in his tail and such then you should have been here he's setting back up fairly quickly. And he was in a 10 gallon tank with three or four other chameleons. Being I found them at a reptile expo in Greenville North Carolina I kind of figured they would require the animals to be treated and or claim you know Health precaution for other people's Critters and such.

They don't test animals at expo. There is no requirement to treat. Inless guy said he was wild caught most likely not. Veiled inless young when you get them act wild and mean. Veiled most of time are mean and wild acting. Takes lots of time to change that and most likely he will stay that way. Veiled tend to be on meaner side then other chams. But you do find some that don't mind people rarely

There are no requirements for them to treat them or get them any healthcare much less properly house them. So taking a fecal to a vet to ensure there is not a parasite load is strongly suggested.

Back
Top Bottom