shreading

julies liam

My panther chameleon is 6 months old and he has started sheading in the last couple of hours but he seems grumpy and hissing at me and he hasnt eaten today well apart from 2 mil worm is this normal wen goin through the shreadin process
???

Usually chameleons are known to get a little grumpy during shedding.

The not eating and hissing is normal.

Just wait until he is done shedding and he will be very hungry :p

Oh good...shall i still put food in for him or not...i think it best if i leave him whilst he is shedding and just open cage to mist :)

I defiantly wouldn't test him :p, but I like to at least offer mine a couple worms (something easy to take out if he doesn't eat them) so if he does decide he's hungry, he can still eat. :)

Lights stay the same.

As for worms, it depends on the kind. Mealworms and wax worms are treats. Phoenix, horn, silk, and sometimes king worms can be fed on a more regular basis. :)

Something that might be useful to both you and your cham; keep the humidity up! It helps them shed more quickly. :)

Ok then i have been misting his tank more often tofay, he started shreffing about 5 hours ago and all he has left to shed is his tail and leg. Its so amazing seein them shed and wat they do to get it of

Back
Top Bottom