Showing some of his first blues!

pr3mo15

Here is a few pics while my 4month old chameleon(spanks) decided to show me some of his blue colors as i was spraying him with water! One is a little blurry where he has his mouth open licking his lips :p

000_0002.jpg

000_0003.jpg

He is a good looking boy.....stunning blues :D

I am not sure if its just the angle but he looks a bit thin. Got any other photos you could post of a side angle? :)

for 4 months old he looks awwwesome! how much is he being fed daily?

i think he looks good, could use a hornworm showing those blues at that age! treat that little guy he's awesome!

It varies ... He is a picky eater

Ive seen him eat up to 20 bugs in one day.

And other days he eats around 10 - 13 bugs. (medium/large size)

I need to figure out how to go about hornworms, I have never purchases them, nor know where to get them. I'm not the biggest fan on waiting for shipments to come to the door. So if anyone breeds them, or knows a local place in Southern California that sells them, let me know.

Thanks
-Sean

I only been feeding him crickets and mealworms, I know mealworms aren't the best choice, but it is all my local pet store had, and he seems to love them. I messaged one or two people on this site that said they can help me with some bugs, since I have never got silkworms, hornworms, ect.

I need to start getting some new tasty bugs for him SOON!

Our little brothers don't seem super fond of silkworms yet. He hasnt really eaten any in 2 days, so I am relegated to getting some crickets again.

If you are near LBC though feel free to take a handful off my hands for me.

Looks like a little champ btw. Mine seems smaller and isn't showing as much color or eye patterns yet. It's like peering a few weeks into the future.

Last edited:
There is a store in West Hills called Pets R Us 2000 (cross streets are Fallbrook Ave. and Saticoy). When hornworms and silkworms are in season, they sell them in the store and you don't have to worry about any shipping charges. I have called around my area and no other store sells any worms other than mealworms or supers (some stores thought I was crazy to be asking for silkworms :p). They aren't carrying them at the moment, but they should be soon. I also order silkworms from time to time from Mulberry Farms, since they are also located here in California. The package usually arrives by the next day, but the shipping charges are a killer. I only order worms every two months or so for that reason.

Awesome thanks alot nicolie85, much appreciated. I just called them and they dont have any silkworms / hornworms, but they do have wax worms which i may try and give him a couple when I get them time to go grab some. But I read in another forum that they aren't the best for Chameleons... So i may give him one-two every 2-3 weeks or so if he eats them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom