Showers

Just give him a little shower..do you shower your chameleons? And how many times do you think is ok? He doesn’t seem to mind I think he’s even smiling in one of the photos 😂
914B42C4-B836-46EA-8AB6-6B32EE26DAD7.jpeg
914B42C4-B836-46EA-8AB6-6B32EE26DAD7.jpeg
2F01E9C3-07D7-4ADF-BDF5-8EACE14F10BA.jpeg
16F31634-C091-45E1-B633-D60FC71EB09D.jpeg
6CC4CBED-BD59-4B81-A6C8-B2453D11F976.jpeg

As I understand, showers used to be recommended. Over time thinks change and husbandry practices improve, leveling showered a thing of the past and are no longer recommended as Bemen said.

your cham should receive all the misting and humidity they need if you have a proper setup. In their enclosure they would be able to hide from the spray were in the shower they can’t get away from the spray.

As I understand, showers used to be recommended. Over time thinks change and husbandry practices improve, leveling showered a thing of the past and are no longer recommended as Bemen said.

your cham should receive all the misting and humidity they need if you have a proper setup. In their enclosure they would be able to hide from the spray were in the shower they can’t get away from the spray.
Correct... And the shower method is still used... But not for healthy chams.

The method is used for dehydrated chams so you would put a plant in the tub that the cham can rest comfortably on. The shower would be room temp water and the shower head would be aimed at the wall of the shower so that it would bounce back onto the plant and the cham. This reduces the pressure of the water coming out and makes it less startling for them.

But this is the only time taking a chameleon into a shower is considered the correct thing to do. With the equipment we now have they get everything they need in a properly set up enclosure.

Lol my Parsons gets showers all winter long for water and gets the hose during summer. I have a mist setting on my shower nozzle and built a stand for him. He likes it, even my Panthers mostly enjoyed it. I have him on a free range so I don't mist. I do have a fogger, but he tends to move to spots away from it for whatever reason. 4 years old, growing, and no signs of problems. I used to use a filter on my shower, but our well water was tested safe for drinking, so I figure it's safe for him.

He loves his showers he gets one a month just to really hydrate and for his own enjoyment he doesn’t like to be taken out once he’s in 😂 maybe all chams are different some like it some don’t? :) I never directly spray him it bounces off the wall and I let him find his own way in to the water, seems to love it 😊

Let me add, I only do showers because it's convenient for my situation. Ideally, I'd have my mist king just go off for 2 hours once a week with regularly mistings in between. Can't mist in the room he's free ranging though and his urates have still been healthy with how it's going.

Back
Top Bottom