show your feeder insect setups

Only thing bad about bandeds is they can move, and they do it well. Athletic lizards love that, but me not so much when I have one or two escaped males that decide to sing me the song of their people at 3AM :/

Haha, I'm on the other end of the spectrum... I very occasionally buy a few crickets for variety for my chams, and always keep one or two males for a couple weeks... I love listening to them at night! I feed them off at around 5-6 weeks old before they die of old age, and always feel bad watching my nightly serenade get eaten 😭

I like dubia two months later an finally nymphs. I forgot adult male/female ratio I purchased but it's working. This was just see how a small colony would grow an last. Other then a heating pad pretty simple. I check them every other day. An mist though the top daily. But still buy crickets an hornworms weekly lol

Attachments

• 20210701_054144.jpg
    20210701_054144.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 51
Haha, I'm on the other end of the spectrum... I very occasionally buy a few crickets for variety for my chams, and always keep one or two males for a couple weeks... I love listening to them at night! I feed them off at around 5-6 weeks old before they die of old age, and always feel bad watching my nightly serenade get eaten 😭

What kind of crickets do you have then? I find the house cricket calls irritating at best, and the banded crickets are hit and miss, sometimes they quietly trill, other times they have to be as loud as house crickets. :/

I think they're banded, I just get them from a local reptile shop. They can be pretty loud, but I grew up listening to crickets all night in the rural Midwest so I like it 🙂

Back
Top Bottom