show your feeder insect setups

Throw Up Bad Taste GIF by SWR3
I just knew you’d enjoy that! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Hey I didn't see this! I work late during the week. When I do bug maintenance ill try to remember to get some pics. Mine is in an old basement room and I have it dimly lit for a daylight schedule, but without being too intense for the bugs. So I have to pull them out of the room to get good pictures m.

how do you have your crickets setup I have the cricket keeper I buy about 30 and they die within 4 or 5 days. they have food and eggcarton, but I think the fumes are killing them.
Keeping them clean and well ventilated is essential. Usually I order a few hundred at a time and keep them in a giant plastic tub with both side and top venting and some egg crate. I tried keeping them bioactive too, but they ate all of their clean up crew. (Evil crickets!) My giant bins are currently out of order until I get around to repairing the damage done by a curious playful kitten. The only reason I even get crickets is my beardie won’t eat roaches.

Keeping them clean and well ventilated is essential. Usually I order a few hundred at a time and keep them in a giant plastic tub with both side and top venting and some egg crate. I tried keeping them bioactive too, but they ate all of their clean up crew. (Evil crickets!) My giant bins are currently out of order until I get around to repairing the damage done by a curious playful kitten. The only reason I even get crickets is my beardie won’t eat roaches.
I wouldn't get crickets I truly hate them they smell, jump, die, I am deathly scared to touch them, and roaches are far superior. I will try to keep clean and well ventilated. do you take dead ones out as they die or do you just give lots of ventilation?

how do I clean the roach bins. I do not know how I would clean it out or when to clean it out.
Once they start getting grimy or dirty or if it starts to stink. When I kept mine in sterile set-ups, I used either Zoo Med Wipe Out or the F10 product line to clean out the bins, then add in new egg crate if the old started to not be in such great shape, and either replace or clean the food and water dishes, and put the roaches back in. I poured the roaches and everything in the bottom of their bin into a separate bin and took egg crate pieces and placed them on top of everything. That way, the only things I was putting back into my clean bins were alive. I did it a few times then just picked everything else I wanted out with tongs. I have yet to clean the bioactive set-ups as they're very new still.
I wouldn't get crickets I truly hate them they smell, jump, die, I am deathly scared to touch them, and roaches are far superior. I will try to keep clean and well ventilated. do you take dead ones out as they die or do you just give lots of ventilation?
Take the dead ones out as soon as you notice them and give them as much ventilation as possible
Lol! Dubia are so small too. Im gunna send you some hissers and peppered roaches.
Yes, my peppers are gloriously giant!

Once they start getting grimy or dirty or if it starts to stink. When I kept mine in sterile set-ups, I used either Zoo Med Wipe Out or the F10 product line to clean out the bins, then add in new egg crate if the old started to not be in such great shape, and either replace or clean the food and water dishes, and put the roaches back in. I poured the roaches and everything in the bottom of their bin into a separate bin and took egg crate pieces and placed them on top of everything. That way, the only things I was putting back into my clean bins were alive. I did it a few times then just picked everything else I wanted out with tongs. I have yet to clean the bioactive set-ups as they're very new still.

Take the dead ones out as soon as you notice them and give them as much ventilation as possible

Yes, my peppers are gloriously giant!
Wait until they're adults!

just got crickets 10 minutes ago. lets hope they live. I will be taking the dead ones out when they die I think that should help. I only got 15 because I think they will do better.

You need to get banded crickets as well as do everything @MissSkittles mentioned
Only thing bad about bandeds is they can move, and they do it well. Athletic lizards love that, but me not so much when I have one or two escaped males that decide to sing me the song of their people at 3AM :/

Roaches are superior. But as far as crix go, I will take bandeds over house crickets any day of the week.
0617211641.jpg

Bandeds for days, before being fed off.

Back
Top Bottom