Show me your feeder section

All my pets eat insects.

Dubia: I breed my own. Currently I have about 300 adult females, maybe 50 adult males and 2000+ nymphs. Only my hedgehog and tarantulas eat them. Ya way too big of a colony. They are in a large bin with egg crates and my mixed food.

Red runner/lateralis: I breed my own. Currently about 500 adult females and maybe 80 males and a LOT of nymphs, maybe 5000 and thousands of egg cases. Fed to my chameleon, leopard gecko and tarantulas. They are in a large bin with egg crates and my mixed food.

Superworms: Bought from local pet store 10mins walk away. It's really cheap like 50 for $3. My hedgehog and tarantulas love them. They stay in the small container that they come with. They eat my mixed food and cat kibble.

Crickets: Bought from a local supplier also 10mins walk away. 50 for $5. Eaten by all of my pets. I put them in a small plastic tank with egg crates and my personal mixed food and cat kibble.

My mixed food is a mixture of sunflower seeds, flax seeds, wheat, oatmeal, barley, psyllium husk, millet and pumpkin seeds. For moisture I give carrots, broccoli, oranges or potatoes each week.
I will put up a picture of the bins later.

All of my pets love grasshoppers, so they are the only ones that I breed. I just get the other feeders at expos, since they have good deals and variety, especially for small amounts.

20190511_025227.jpg 20190216_203634.jpg

Oh sorry, misunderstood.

Crickets: I bought a cricket keeper, one of the ones with the 4 tubes you pull out that the crickets hang out in. I fed them Repashy bug burger and water crystals
Dubias: They are in one of those big plastic containers, heat pad, egg crates. They eat fresh oranges/apples/carrots and dubia chow. Water crystals for hydration
Supers: They hang out in a small tupperware container in oatmeal. I throw in potato/carrot for hydration
Understand this is from last year buuuut dumb question. For your dubia plastic bin do you have the heat pad on the inside or outside? I have one I want to add to my dubia bin

Understand this is from last year buuuut dumb question. For your dubia plastic bin do you have the heat pad on the inside or outside? I have one I want to add to my dubia bin
Outside of the bin, aluminum taped to the back. From what I read, when roaches want to get away from heat they will burrow so you don't want it on the bottom as they would be burrowing into higher temperatures. Ideally the heat should come from above.

Back
Top Bottom