Show me your Bioactive Vivariums Looking for Inspiration and Guidance

On the cheap and easy, It is a half barrel, well plastic. I am currently using MegaRay, but going to switch to T5HO for better temp control.
The trick is find a pot that fits your enclosure. I have found this an easy way to get started. The last time I trans planted there were worms, isopods and springtails by the dozens.
View attachment 282406View attachment 282407

The outside is not the best looking lol. But inside is climate controlled. Dry mid 70s ambient 80 Basking (Currently getting up to high 80, hence the bulb switch.)
Night time pumps fog, and cool outside air(run through a fogger to moisten the dry cold air). Night time is low 60s with 80 humidity and a fogger.

Kind of prototyping, but getting very good results so far.
Hi there CasqueAbove thank you for sharing, your enclosure looks to like a free range? Is that correct? I love free range enclosure but my hubby is against it because he's worried the babies would escape or go somewhere they shouldn't..
How offten should you transplant?

Hi there CasqueAbove thank you for sharing, your enclosure looks to like a free range? Is that correct? I love free range enclosure but my hubby is against it because he's worried the babies would escape or go somewhere they shouldn't..
How offten should you transplant?

It is sort of free range. I have kept this way for a while, and don't really recommend it unless it is in its own room. They will escape, and my male has no tongue because of this. I am building an enclosure with a removable front so he can be free range when I am there to watch.

I only had to trans plant because my first one was too small to fill his enclosure. Otherwise I won't replant.
With bio active the first time, some times we don't get it just the way we want. This makes it easier to change.

It is sort of free range. I have kept this way for a while, and don't really recommend it unless it is in its own room. They will escape, and my male has no tongue because of this. I am building an enclosure with a removable front so he can be free range when I am there to watch.

I only had to trans plant because my first one was too small to fill his enclosure. Otherwise I won't replant.
With bio active the first time, some times we don't get it just the way we want. This makes it easier to change.
Oh shame poor guy... how dose he eat if he dosent have a tongue?
Yes I see, my enclosures are in my lounge/dinning room with lots of space so very possible they will escape so I see what you and my hubby are on to. (Still like the free range idea though) ?

Now if you do get the over board bug like me, you can end up with this.
IMG_1133.jpg

Oh shame poor guy... how dose he eat if he dosent have a tongue?
Yes I see, my enclosures are in my lounge/dinning room with lots of space so very possible they will escape so I see what you and my hubby are on to. (Still like the free range idea though) ?

He has to be fed with plastic tongs so I can put it back far in his mouth. It took us a while, but he comes right to me now and we work together.

Thank you flick boy, I'm assuming we won't have these here "yet" if they new but will keep an eye out for them! I see that one is a 34w, and the ones I found were much lower wattage. I will keep looking though before I buy thanks so much ?
I think they are only out this year in the uk. The wattage varies depending upon the length

You can have free range with a safe closing enclosure area and when you are not there and for humidity control at night.
I don't have one yet, on order, but make sure there is UVB light where he hangs out.
As much as I love the idea my house wouldn't be practical for it. As mentioned they are in my lounge/ dinning room with two big glass sliding doors on either side of their enclosure. Yes I would make sure the doors are closed but still the house is quite big and lots of spaces under furniture they might go hide under.

I think they are only out this year in the uk. The wattage varies depending upon the length
Yeah then they definitely won't be here in SA yet. We always get stuff last.. Thanks stupid country!
Will look out for them anyway and if I don't come right ill import them.
Thanks again

As much as I love the idea my house wouldn't be practical for it. As mentioned they are in my lounge/ dinning room with two big glass sliding doors on either side of their enclosure. Yes I would make sure the doors are closed but still the house is quite big and lots of spaces under furniture they might go hide under.

Yes, it is probably not for most lol. This is my office so I can have it this way. If I moved it to the living room I am not sure if my wife would kill me or divorce me first. LOL

Yes, it is probably not for most lol. This is my office so I can have it this way. If I moved it to the living room I am not sure if my wife would kill me or divorce me first. LOL
Ha ha im fortunate enough my hubby dosent object, hes got this mind game thing down were he explains to me why it's not a good idea, somehow I end up listening.... ???

Duely noted Thank you. What are your thoughts on these (as I found a supplier here yey!)
They have 9 w 13 w and 22w i know you mentioned the wattage dosent matter its the output I just want to know if I'm on the right track here..
I did look at Jungle Dawn; IDK how good they are, but they seemed overpriced and they don't (yet) off the size I needed, so I passed and went for the Sansi. AFAIK, the different wattages have to do with the length of the bulbs. I forget what lengths they offer, but the idea is that they run the length of an enclosure—like UVBs.

Just picked these bad boys up today. Bio is UH-Hundred percent the way to go.

Attachments

• 52BA056D-6D4C-4D7C-9717-0A50242EF22E.jpeg
    52BA056D-6D4C-4D7C-9717-0A50242EF22E.jpeg
    113.4 KB · Views: 105
  • 74074966-D3AE-4083-BF42-C08FE5BDDDBA.jpeg
    74074966-D3AE-4083-BF42-C08FE5BDDDBA.jpeg
    233.9 KB · Views: 107
  • 426265F0-B907-4576-9DDA-3AEE6222A765.jpeg
    426265F0-B907-4576-9DDA-3AEE6222A765.jpeg
    249.3 KB · Views: 100
  • D3516255-80FF-4F6C-AD84-CF04B8306DF9.jpeg
    D3516255-80FF-4F6C-AD84-CF04B8306DF9.jpeg
    116.2 KB · Views: 109
Kinda but not quite, all my plants are in pots and with the misting system going off every so often the bottom of the enclosure is just flooded hence me looking at the bio active root to try stop the water pooling up.. I can only drain it once a week so it really is alot of water when I do
What type is your enclosure as It takes time to set up bio. Maybe be able to sort out small changes in the mean time

I did look at Jungle Dawn; IDK how good they are, but they seemed overpriced and they don't (yet) off the size I needed, so I passed and went for the Sansi. AFAIK, the different wattages have to do with the length of the bulbs. I forget what lengths they offer, but the idea is that they run the length of an enclosure—like UVBs.
Just curious what size are the lights you choose.

I’m late to the party but here are all my bioactive cages. My female veiled just laid eggs a few weeks ago in the medium and it worked out great. Could hardly tell where she dug her hole.

Larry male veileds cage
467D32AD-533B-4362-B17E-ED03351B0736.jpeg

Imelda female veileds cage
586A94F7-C80F-43D9-B30E-3C286170F120.jpeg

madmartagin male panther cage
578FADD9-51D7-4833-80BB-F7BBCE1364F0.jpeg

chong male furcifer willsii
C111C768-4A1A-4685-9EC7-C9EB5E2EB0D1.jpeg

Jane female furcifer willsii

734AC9D1-3477-4E66-BD80-2338DE12F7DB.jpeg

Mary female furcifer willsii
1226F7CC-EBCA-4FFC-818D-C2A1675B543C.jpeg