Show me how you hang your lights

ds15

I have two dome fixtures and one 24" T5. I don't want them resting on the screen. I have a couple ideas for building a fixture to hang them all from but I would like to see what others have done. The enclosure is in a corner where I can mount hooks or other fixtures from the ceiling or wall if I need to. I looked through the enclosure thread stickies for a while and didn't find any good views of lights. Thanks!

I did this for the dome https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007D1BUJY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I have my quad T5 resting on the screen to get the proper UVI level reading from my solarmeter.
I wish I new which thread it was in because another person did a fantastic hanger built with PVC pipe. Maybe they will see this post and share :)

I have seen one before with PVC. My T5 fixture cannot rest level on the cage because of the way it's designed. But I will try to get it as close as possible.

Lol, that is one of the two reasons why I don't recommend that light to anyone. The reflector only coming down ~ halfway over the bulb is the other. The jump start version of it doesn't have those issues. What kind of stand are you using? I still prefer 1/2 or 3/4 emt to pvc depending on weight and length of the run personally. Similar to this but not necessarily this shape.

Screenshot_2019-02-06-22-18-20.png

Yeah I also wish I got a dual fixture now too. But I am stuck with it now and they are too expensive to buy another right now. I thought about extending the reflectors with something that will be able to support the weight. Haven't got that far yet.

My enclosure is 2x2x4 and I made a stand out of 2x4s. I'll look into the EMT.

Yeah I also wish I got a dual fixture now too. But I am stuck with it now and they are too expensive to buy another right now. I thought about extending the reflectors with something that will be able to support the weight. Haven't got that far yet.

My enclosure is 2x2x4 and I made a stand out of 2x4s. I'll look into the EMT.

The design is that way so it sits in their seedling tray in a dip in the clear top. Just makes it suck for other applications because the reflector is actually pretty good for being coated plastic.

The design is that way so it sits in their seedling tray in a dip in the clear top. Just makes it suck for other applications because the reflector is actually pretty good for being coated plastic.

What dual fixture would you recommend, if I end up getting one?

Back
Top Bottom