Should my cham be eating her plants?

I have been looking into more plants to get for my veiled. Everything I look at says their chameleons love eating plants, especially pothos. My cham has 2 pothos, ficus, and ivy and she never eats them at all. Is this bad? Also, I believe the ivy I have was misidentified as grape ivy but is actually a different type, so I will probably replace it with an actual grape ivy (I'm sad though because my veiled is obsessed with it -- she loves sitting in the leaves they give a lot of coverage). Is it a problem that she doesn't eat plants?

I have been looking into more plants to get for my veiled. Everything I look at says their chameleons love eating plants, especially pothos. My cham has 2 pothos, ficus, and ivy and she never eats them at all. Is this bad? Also, I believe the ivy I have was misidentified as grape ivy but is actually a different type, so I will probably replace it with an actual grape ivy (I'm sad though because my veiled is obsessed with it -- she loves sitting in the leaves they give a lot of coverage). Is it a problem that she doesn't eat plants?
It is not a problem. Mine did not do it when they were young. I notice it more around the 5 month mark. But I would stick to Veiled tested plants from this list since they do eat them.
https://chameleonacademy.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Chameleon-Plants-122819.pdf

Has she produced eggs yet?
Not yet. She is receptive I think (yellow spots). When she first developed them I took her to the vet and they did an x-ray. They were just follicles and not eggs yet. This was at the beginning of December ish. She has a lay bin in there all ready for her and she’s looked at it some but never dug in it.

Female veileds often start eating their plants when they are gravid. They will also eat the substrate in the egg bins.

How much do you feed her a week? If you overfeed her she will produce large clutches and may develop health issues.

What kind of ivy do you have? English ivy is toxic.
20201010_094048.jpg

Back
Top Bottom